Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2023, 07:22   #171881
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good morning everyone.

We have sun but the clouds are gathering.

So car washing will have to be done very soon.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2023, 07:25   #171882
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning all,

Japanese Grand Prix qualifying just about to start. Looks like Red Bull have got their Mojo back......Shame!

Off to work lhis afternoon, thankfully the weather looks ok for the day.

We have a provisional departure date of Saturday 21st October for our sea passage to bring Lady Emma to her new moorings in Walton on the Naze.
All dependent on weather so we will be keeping a close eye on the long range shipping forecasts.

I'll be up to the boat next week at some point to put the fuel and fuel additives in and do a bit more prep. The week after next we have the engineer coming to service both the engines.

I'm sure the next few weeks before departure are going to go very quickly.

Oh er missus! I hope it keeps the diesel bug at bay Jeff I watch a couple of channels on YT called 'Shiphappens' & 'shiphappens adventures' where a scouse couple are restoring boats, a second WW2 launch & a more modern boat.
He had to pull the boat out of the water to see inside the fuel tanks to see what was in them & dear me what a mess. Very entertaining channels.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2023, 09:42   #171883
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jeff

Thank you for your concerns and good wishes. If all else fails I can go to South Africa for the operation using private health insurance. I would rather not as I have faith in the surgeon here. As you know he got me through my last op and the previous op when you visited in London. I am going to ring the hospital admissions on Monday for an update. I am annoyed with them as they must have known on Tuesday the operation had been cancelled, yet they told me to go ahead and have the pre-op assessment, naughty how they said it was definitely going ahead.

How exciting for you, you have a date for the move even though it is dependent on the shipping and weather and it’s going to incur extra expense for you with boat prep, fuel and servicing. Do you have bilge pumps in case of leaks? I am sure it will all go smoothly and be worth it in the end, what an experience.

Enjoy the car racing and have a successful day.
It seems the usual one department not talking to another department causes such stupid unnecessary appointments to be carried out. Waste of tax payers money, NHS resources and more importantly, a waste of your time and money to travel.
It is such a shame to witness such a great thing as the NHS turning into a shambles at every level !

Hope you get some joy when you contact them.

Yes, we have automatic bilge pumps fitted along with manual bilge pumps should they be needed......Let us hope not
Old 23rd September 2023, 09:44   #171884
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Oh er missus! I hope it keeps the diesel bug at bay Jeff I watch a couple of channels on YT called 'Shiphappens' & 'shiphappens adventures' where a scouse couple are restoring boats, a second WW2 launch & a more modern boat.
He had to pull the boat out of the water to see inside the fuel tanks to see what was in them & dear me what a mess. Very entertaining channels.

Hi Ian,

The fuel additive is indeed to stop diesel bug as well as other things to help with the engines running.

The stuff I'm using comes from Down Under and is called Fuel Doctor. 500ml will treat approx 100litres of fuel.

I follow that channel as well. If you want to watch another great boating channel there's always Jeff Cranwell.....Lol, Give Aquaholic a try. Some rather tasty boats on there
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:33   #171885
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Steve,

Sorry you have the miseries and you’re feeling unwell. Hope you feel better soon.
Morning Phil and all. Some of the symptoms are easing, very slowly. Still got the headache, cough, aches, bit choked up. Hauled my butt out earlier to get some necessities pre road closure tomorrow.

Evicted a spider yesterday, by a long shot the biggest spider I've ever seen in the house, 3"+ leg span

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2023, 04:54   #171886
coolcat
This is my second home

Morning all,

Glad your symptoms are easing Steve,,,,Onwards and upwards

Nealy time for lights our at the Japanese Grand Prix .

Later today we have Arsenal v Spurs in the London Derby as well, usually a cauldron of feisty entertainment
Old 24th September 2023, 07:03   #171887
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning all, Damp & dull as dishwater out there. Bread making day today.

Old 24th September 2023, 09:57   #171888
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
It seems the usual one department not talking to another department causes such stupid unnecessary appointments to be carried out. Waste of tax payers money, NHS resources and more importantly, a waste of your time and money to travel.
It is such a shame to witness such a great thing as the NHS turning into a shambles at every level !

Hope you get some joy when you contact them.

Yes, we have automatic bilge pumps fitted along with manual bilge pumps should they be needed......Let us hope not
Good morning Jeff

As usual you are up to date with your insights into the NHS. With 1 million operations and appointments being cancelled because of the strikes including mine, the patients are powerless.

When I received news of the cancellation, it was done by a text message with no apology or explanation. On receiving that message it felt as though someone had suddenly pulled the rug out from under my feet.

All day Wednesday and Thursday were low days but over the weekend we have come out of it.

Tomorrow is another day and I will be applying pressure for a new date of operation.

Thank you for the feedback about Lady Emma’s pumps. I am sure everything will go smoothly for you.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2023, 10:05   #171889
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Bit of a lob sided loaf this time , Simon & Louis having a catnap after chasing around the house

Old 24th September 2023, 11:34   #171890
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Glad your symptoms are easing Steve,,,,Onwards and upwards
Some have eased, others persisting, the cough is the worst, dry barking, violent cough that racks my whole body, wakes me during the night as well The cough is the main reason I suspect the negative covid test was a bum steer, according to the NHS website the cough can continue after other symptoms have improved.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote