Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th July 2020, 20:48   #11731
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
I finished moving the Sport/Eco mode from the stupidly-placed switch to the left of the gear shift, to the push-button on the end of the indicator stalk. This was a mod I did about 18 months ago on my CDTi and after giving it the 7-day test on the new ZT (and failing), I'm a happy bunny again.

I've put a separate thread on the mod here .

Dougie.
That’s a much better way of working the sport mode for anyone with an auto. Good work and an excellent how to
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2020, 14:25   #11732
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Took the 75 to a petrol station to fill up , first time since I filled it up on the 23 March done 393 miles in 4 months , normally do that a week!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2020, 18:51   #11733
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Took the 75 to a petrol station to fill up , first time since I filled it up on the 23 March done 393 miles in 4 months , normally do that a week!

Hi Scott.
Did you enjoy being cut up twice by the same car in the process,i am sure it was you first at the lights on the Stafford road, then at the island by Aldi i think it was you as i was behind you at both times.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2020, 19:06   #11734
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Scott.

Did you enjoy being cut up twice by the same car in the process,i am sure it was you first at the lights on the Stafford road, then at the island by Aldi i think it was you as i was behind you at both times.
Yes it was me and a pillock in a black hatch back who had no idea what they were doing or were they were going all on dash cam though.

Didnt take much notice of who was behind me as i was keeping an eye on them, sorry

sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 08:32   #11735
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-mg View Post
Lookin good ��
I'm having a dream here, no money in the pot for items that are not absolutely essential, but I like the look of this!
Is it just a simple remove the old unit and replace? Or is there wiring and / or other modifications needed?

Many thanks

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 12:12   #11736
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Having bit the bullet and ordered a new compressor after taking the faulty one off,and having to take the front fan off, ironically just having put it back on recently after replacing the bushes and loosening the radiator/condenser set up to enable me to undo the two bolts holding the a/c pipes to compressor which I couldn't do in situ,decided while waiting for the new part took off the starter motor and replaced solenoid contacts,then took out and checked alternator brushes,were ok,checked cleanliness of egr system.Regards Ry....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 12:21   #11737
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
I'm having a dream here, no money in the pot for items that are not absolutely essential, but I like the look of this!
Is it just a simple remove the old unit and replace? Or is there wiring and / or other modifications needed?

Many thanks
It's just a straight swap. I had one but found it very dim against the oem, so sold it on.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 12:25   #11738
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Default What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today?

I’ve just ordered new British flags and new Rover hub caps (the others had worn). As well as buying a new part of the the centre console that previous owner had cracked, i ordered from Roewe(SAIC/MG), so the part is brand new which is a bonus! Two in good condition but used headlights have came today so can’t wait to put them on.

However my 75s in the garage currently being serviced and having a few things I can’t do at home done, because I’m only 17. So I’ll have to wait to put them on.

I bought the car a few weeks ago for when I’m older, because I love everything Rover and wanted to save her from going to someone who won’t care. My dads got 2 rovers himself, so it’s going to be a project for us, starting with the little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Adam2003; 27th July 2020 at 12:27..
Adam2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 21:04   #11739
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

So today I installed the BM54 radio in the MG ZT, as I got a BMW 16:9 main unit when I bought a replacement SAT NAV unit for the MG after water wrecked the motherboard of the unit....

What a difference in sound compared to the rover radio...its nights and day...

The radio also shows all the local radio stations as well....

Now to get the correct video module.......

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2020, 00:25   #11740
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

On Sunday we went on our first car event of the year in the ZT. It was a fun-run up the Fraser Valley with our local club, The Langley Area Mostly British Motoring Club. There were about 20 cars in our group including MGs, Triumphs, Jags, a Panther Rio, a better than new restored Marina GT, and even a lovely restored 1966 VW Beetle. (I did say "Mostly British") We passed other clubs on the road and saw a great range of other classics, vintage, hot rods and muscle cars. Mustangs were out in force as were the Model T's and A's.
The event ended with a social-distancing picnic. With the drive home we covered about 140 trouble free kilometers. Sorry about the quality of the pics, most of them were taken from the dash cam.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................Pack ard............................................... .................................................. Marina GT

.....Chrysler Imperial flying flags on the wings!...................We aren't lost, just discussing the route!.........................................Res tored 1966 Beetle and TR

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 28th July 2020 at 00:43..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote