Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd October 2020, 21:00   #11
Biketeacherdave

75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
You need to subscribe by paying £10 to become a member and your moniker will then change to red.
You can then put your ad in Members cars for sale
Subscribe button is on the top right
Thank you for pointing the way my tenner gladly paid will sort out a proper for sale add shortly.
Biketeacherdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 07:56   #12
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi Rob.

Have you narrowed it down to saloon or tourer? Or either?

Rover or MG? Or either? Rover's are more comfortable, MG's more sporty. Granny and eggs springs to mind

Petrol or diesel? The sort of mileage you mention isn't really normal diesel territory but they don't have DPF's so a good run now and again, good fuel and an occasional injector cleaner will keep one happy. Oh, and a "160" remap will keep you happy .

What sort of budget? Obviously there's a considerable difference in what you'll find if you're looking to spend say, £500 or £2500.

There are some lovely cars out there but it may take a while to track one down.

Good Luck with your search.

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 4th October 2020 at 08:03..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 16:14   #13
Jdwoodhou
Loves to post

R75 1.8 Con SE Man Saloon

Check whether you can lock and unlock the doors using the button on the centre console. If not, the problem might be with the door actuators for the central locking rather than the key. They are a very fiddly DIY job and a lot of mechanics don't like fixing them. Worth taking your time finding the right car as others have wisely said here, though no car will be 100% perfect.
Old 4th October 2020, 16:32   #14
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Talking

Sorry for the late reply,

Having spoken to someone who had looked at the same car a month ago, explaining his findings etc and from the pictures we decided to continue looking as I feel arranging to view this particular 75 would end in the result that I feel I already know the answer to ( needing a fair amount of money to put things right) where perhaps a better example is out there.

To answer a few questions,
As the 75 will be my car, I'd like to hold out for a good 75 tourer ( tourer as being a young family, the load space in the back would be great!) And comfy for long runs etc seems a great all rounder.

My wife has a ford sportka (which will be used for attending classic car shows when I use our MK1 fiesta van) and for the last 4 years I've been driving an 05 mini one. Not too bad in fairness, done a lot more than I expected it would but if we go out as a family, it's a tight squeeze and if we all do the family shop, one rear seat has to be flipped down to get everything in which usually results in the little one in the back having some of the shopping landing on her which is far from ideal and think the time has come to agree that one of us needs to have a family sized car that can do anything. Seeing how I've been driving the longest and insurance is cheap and I like bigger cars.

I'd like to hold out for a 75 over a zt as I see the 75 as a modern day p6 ( have a soft spot for the p6) but a 40+ year old classic wouldn't make ideal daily transport. We already have a classic undergoing resto (MK1 fiesta Van)

i have seen a light metallic tourer club se with sensible miles at a reasonable price, considering giving it a visit when the wife is off work if it's still available.

I was hoping for connoisseur SE tourer diesel (the leather interior adds to that p6 vision) but should a good example of club or club SE prove to be the car for us and our budget then perhaps a leather interior could be fitted at some point if that's possible, but if not I'd be perfect happy with a club or club SE

Having done a bit of research, such as the diesel cooling fan issues and the fan kit that I believe Jules offers that sorts the issues.

The fact that the DMF isn't usually an issue and how to check for possible failure and that it's best to replace the whole clutch kit and hydraulics etc,

I do have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to as I do as much as I possibly can in regards to repairs.

1) I understand the T4 diagnostics is what rover used in dealers, but am I able to diagnose faults myself with cheaper diagnostic equipment like this for example
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...:1,prmr:1,cs:1

I understand it won't be able to do everything but may help highlight specific issues so I can rectify them.

2) should an injector fail, do these need to be coded to the ECU such as Mondeo's do etc or are they just just replace and go?

3) is it possible to fit a leather interior into a car that came with cloth seats? As leather seats are electrically operated, is it possible a car with cloth seats, has the same loom but it's under the carpet out if the way? If so, would the heated seats work etc?

Lastly

Are there any parts for the tourer that are difficult to obtain?

Thanks rob

Last edited by biffa75; 4th October 2020 at 16:54..
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 18:52   #15
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Red face

Hi Rob.

In answer to your questions:

1. T4 diagnostics is available through quite a forum members/traders. Here's the thread:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=201841

There is another tool called TOAF - you'll get the info if you do a search.

2. I've swapped injectors and no coding is needed.

3. Yes you can retro fit leather or a whole interior if you want to. Remember that the rear seats are different in a tourer. I think the fronts are the same.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 19:49   #16
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Regarding 3 it depends if the cloth seat's are electric if so then swap to leather is straightforward.

If its manual you may have the wiring installed look for big black plugs under the seats, use the Google search on here to see some pictures. Earlier cars 2001/2 often have full wiring.

Retrofitting the wiring is not a big job though if needed.

When looking at the car check for rusty sills brown specs in the underseal are a give away of holes to come.

Also look at the rear arms for rusting through as these are starting to fail now.

Clutches need the right people to fit them. Consider an automatic

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2020, 15:14   #17
biffa75
Trader

Wink

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated!

Andy you have a pm.

Thanks again

Rob
Old 5th October 2020, 15:20   #18
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

You are lucky as your have a T4 Guru nearby at Liversedge off the M62 between Leeds and Bradford -Big Russ.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2020, 15:38   #19
biffa75
Trader

I do consider myself lucky being nearby, I do recall speaking to bigruss some time ago about keys. Just hope bigruss isn't thinking of retiring his services any time soon as I think nearest person who could help with a T4 is a fair old distance away

Rob
Old 5th October 2020, 18:53   #20
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post

Andy you have a pm. ....Thanks again

Rob
Hi Rob.