Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th December 2020, 04:01   #21
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen0 View Post
Thanks, i guess its probably either a very poor quality replacment fuel pump, or the mechanic who fitted it has partially blocked the flow by leaving the protective cap on, this seems unlikely.
Though it dosent explain why the pump i purchased from DMGR only lasted 8 weeks and according to the RAC man was getting very hot, perhaps the fuel filter is blocked.
Thanks anyway.
I got a bad pump from DMGR sent it back and bought a more expensive pump being running great, the DMGR pump was so noisy i could hear it sitting in the car.
Had a problem with a thermostat supplied by them, they replaced it, but i had to pay for it to be fitted,
Have spent a lot with them to be fair these are the only two failures.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2020, 09:35   #22
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I am afraid I did not fair well when I bought an under bonnet fuel pump from Rimmer’s. Well Over £100.00. It was kept in my boot for around 8 years as a spare. When I fitted it at one our Nano meets at Four Ashes, because the original one had become noisy, I thought that the clips used on the rubber pipes, top and bottom, were not tight enough because there was diesel on the bottom of the pump. Tried three or four times to stop it leaking. Steve (Artic) tried to get the clips tight, but there was still diesel on the bottom of the pump. He said it seems as though the casing was leaking at the bottom of the pump. I think it was Sewerman who stepped in with a cheap underbonnet pump, and I fitted that. No diesel on the bottom of the pump, and is still in use now. Not quite so quiet as the original, but it works. Could not send the one back as it was well out of warranty.
Yep was me glad its still going as it was a cheep ebay one brought before I was up to speed on the proper one.

Only brough because at the first nano I went to the UBP was commented on as being noisy that was 7 yrs and 65000 miles ago !

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote