Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th February 2021, 16:09   #21
itcaptainslow
Avid contributor

200Vi & 214 SEi

Might take a drive up from Bedfordshire for one of these
itcaptainslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2021, 18:27   #22
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
The dates are not yet confirmed by the football club which is why I haven't posted anything on here yet, as soon as I get confirmation, I'll be back !!

Rob

I did put provisionally 3 times just to emphasise the point!
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2021, 21:20   #23
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Rob

I did put provisionally 3 times just to emphasise the point!
No probs Scott, no harm done but just want final confirmation before people put their names down just in case, I should hear back soon but it has to go through the football club committee first then I have a post ready to go on here and the Nano website

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 19:55   #24
trebor
This is my second home

As we are still looking for a venue to hold our Midlands Nano Meets I have been in touch with Wyrley Rangers FC, it’s the football club next to our old Nano Meet Venue of Teddybears nursery for those that remember it, and located in Great Wyrley, Walsall WS6.

They have agreed that we can meet there free of charge , but the bad news is that where we had hoped to hold 3 meetings across June and July we can now only go ahead with one in July because football season is being extended by the FA and that leaves only a small window date wise for us to hold a meeting

The venue has therefore now been booked and confirmed for 1 weekend as follows:
Sat/Sun 24/25 July

Pictures of the venue in Long Lane are below, the lane is split between Wolverhampton and Walsall postcodes, the football club postcode is a Wolverhampton one WV11 2AA but this won’t take you directly to the club you will need to continue down the lane over the railway bridge and it is the 1st on the right through the steel gates (see map below)

This meet may well be the only one we hold in 2021 but we will continue to look elsewhere and should the Four Ashes re open later in the year then it may be possible to hold our September and October meets there.

I have put an attendance thread on the Nano website so if you intend coming please record your names, there is a link to the Nano website in my signature below and if you are not already registered on there it is simple and free.

It is essential that you record your name on the Nano website as although everyone is welcome and we do not usually turn anyone away this venue is smaller than the Four Ashes, so it is essential that we know who is coming and the numbers just in case we do have to restrict attendance as a last resort. It will only take a few minutes to record your names and it will mean we can make contact if we need to if there are any Covid restrictions still in place at the time, and will prevent anyone being turned away on the day which is not what we are about.

We are hopeful that as the meet is still 5 months away it will go ahead and won’t be banned under any Covid restrictions, but we will need to adhere to whatever may be in place at the time.

There will be no camping but if you are travelling a good distance and want to come for the weekend there are plenty of local reasonably priced hotels which will hopefully be open by then.

There will be nowhere on site to get any refreshments, there are some shops 5/10 minutes away, or just bring your own, but we will have the use of a toilet in the clubhouse.

The club are allowing us to use the venue for free, but they are always doing local fund raising for their numerous teams of all ages they run and they do a lot for the local community, and I will be collecting donations on each day so please give if you can , someone suggested maybe £2 per car/person minimum but that’s up to you.

We usually have at least 1 T4 at the meet and there will be plenty of experienced owners who can pass on advice and help.

Hopefully this is something to look forward to and we can once again meet in the sunshine for a catch up and some hands on work on our cars and if all goes well this may become a more regular venue for us

Pictures below of the venue and a few of when we last met there quite a few years ago

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 6th March 2021 at 11:31..
Old 5th March 2021, 20:04   #25
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Thanks Rob be good to meet again ☺

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 21:25   #26
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Cheers Rob.

Thanks for all the efforts behind the scenes to get this up and running.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 00:27   #27
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Steve .... Can i come... In my new wretched euro box..? Ill bring prezzies.

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 8th March 2021 at 08:58..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 08:18   #28
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

it would be nice to see the gang again

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 10:54   #29
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Steve .... Can i come... In my new retched euro box..? Ill bring prezzies.
Hi Phil.
You will have to ask Rob (trebor) as this is his little baby, i think space maybe at a minimum, i will not be attending so therefore can not give you an answer, but i did suggest these ideas below, when i was going and was involved.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...55&postcount=4

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...4&postcount=12

PS.
I know there is an attendance list that you have to add your name to.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/f...hp?f=197&t=640

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 6th March 2021 at 11:01..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 11:40   #30
trebor
This is my second home

Hi Phil, please just record your name on the Nano website and nearer the day I can see how many are intending to come and we will go from there.

Although the meets are all about 75s and ZTs, they are also about the owners and we dont stop anyone attending just because they want to come in a non 75 or ZT

Obviously if attendance starts to look like we may exceed the maximum number we can accommodate then we can make a decision but as the meet is still 5 months away it is too early to make any decision now so I would encourage anyone who wants to come to please put your names down.

Robs Car Gallery