Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th March 2021, 13:05   #11
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It might be useful to take another peek at the actual words that were used to open this particular Pandora’s box. She said:

“There were concerns and discussions about the colour of the baby’s skin”.

No indication whatsoever about who, why, when, or any verbatim reports. Nor, importantly, even a hint of the identity of the person who spoke them.

I can think of several forms of words, all entirely innocent and in good taste, which could give rise to a sentence that would contain absolutely no hint of racism. I’m also sure that Markle (Windsor) could. Surprisingly easily, too.

I fear for the treatment of whoever it was that voiced a natural and innocent question that might unfairly result in a manufactured angry reaction coming back to haunt. However, given the unquestionable sense of propriety within the royal family it must be that any investigation will be handled sensibly and without pre-judgement.

Instead of the jumping onto bandwagons driven by gossip mongers it makes sense to maintain a degree of scepticism.
Old 10th March 2021, 15:35   #12
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

When a new arrival is expected within a family it is common and normal for family and friends to talk of whose looks, features and traits might be inherited by the newborn. I would doubt that anything was said with malice among the Royals particularly in the presence of PH who it seems has gone from being one of the most liked Royals to being an outcast. He and his spouse it would seem have decided to wage war on their own families via the media seeing it as a nice big earner. They now present themselves to many as being professional victims and as with all of that ilk I have not one iota of support or sympathy for.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2021, 18:00   #13
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I would doubt that the colour or shade of colour wasnt considered and discussed by both parents before they even married. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2021, 18:32   #14
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
I would doubt that the colour or shade of colour wasnt considered and discussed by both parents before they even married. Chris S.
Traditionally there have always been barriers to the aristocracy. Be it wealth, religion or perceived status within the fold. I seem to recall questions being raised about Prince Philip as a suitor for our Queen - not least by her farther. Thankfully both have set an example for which most of their offspring have utterly failed to come close to. With the exception of their son Edward and his spouse and their grandchild William and his spouse, I see one of the most dysfunctional families in the UK distanced and protected only by privilege by any other families beset by the same problems.
Old 10th March 2021, 18:37   #15
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I posted this link on another thread but it is also suited to this one I think

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6237889058001

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2021, 20:16   #16
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

He certainly seems to like her and, after all the &^%$ his mother had, it would be great if the press left her alone. Why on earth with all that is going on at the moment so many feel the need to engage in a pile-on against them is beyond me.
Cant help feeling the time for a more modern monarchy, or maybe no monarchy, is coming.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2021, 21:06   #17
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
There are always two sides to a story, and I shall await developments. Must say though that it was a bravura performance by a second rate actress.
Bit of a two edged sword there your post.

First you give her great praise then you slate her. ------Very odd.

But there again we are all actors and actresses in our own way in our lives.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 00:51   #18
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
But, there again, we are all actors and actresses in our own way in our lives.
I agree, John. but most do not make a living out of doing so. And, in my own personal opinion, today far too much money and attention is thrown in the direction and importance of the luvvies. It is sometimes nice to be entertained by them but for me it is not the most important thing in life. As youngsters many of us will have been told by our parents to entertain ourselves when we complained of being bored. Which we did.
Old 11th March 2021, 11:04   #19
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Then there is of course, is Harry really Charles' son? Perhaps that is the reason for the distance between them.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 12:02   #20
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

His Grandma certainly seems to love him. Difficult to understand the alleged animosity to him in the face of that obvious support.