Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd April 2021, 16:26   #31
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Default Priority

Worcs CC are responsible for highways in my town and they have just totally resurfaced a half mile + section that serves a small parking area to access a country park and a group of about 5 houses. OK the road was well worn and needed doing but usable.
Within a mile radius there are main routes and traffic islands with badly deteriorated surfaces which logically one would have thought should get priority. Do I contact the council, no because all i'll get is some jobsworth explaining some algorithm they use to determine what to do.
I live on a cul de sac road 80 mtrs from a school entrance at the end, the residents managed to get a traffic survey done which, based on 596 daily vehicle passes towards the school, showed average speed exceeded the speed limit. Did we get any traffic calming? No because there is a 'formula' to which the survey results are compared and our results fell below so 'if you think cars are speeding get in touch with the police'!!! I despair.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 16:40   #32
Lear
Regular poster

MGZT-T

Default Traffic Calming

Listen to this one.
I live on the busy A25 in Kent. The village next to mine decided to build traffic calming obstructions so only one lane of traffic can pass through.
Result is huge traffic delays.
The real tragedy is this: the reason give for the obstructions was “road safety, especially for pedestrians”. Within 3 months a pedestrian was killed by an ambulance racing through and mounting the obstruction. When an answer was finally given as to how many deaths had occurred prior to the safety implementation the council finally admitted the answer was NIL
As to wheels and tyres etc
In the last 24 months
2 buckled wheels
3 punctures
1 rear suspension collapse
I bent rear lower arm
2 front drop links
The above were all on my Alfa 156 sportwagon. That the reason I bought the ZTT hopefully the suspension will be a bit sturdier.
PS. The death making safety obstructions are still in place.
Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 16:40   #33
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Newcastle city Council treats the bad state of the roads like a badge of honour , whenever a complaint is made about them the standard reply is "The Tories , it's not our fault etc " they're like a broken record
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:12   #34
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

The roads have been mistreated by councils in recent times because it does not suit the Agenda 21/30 to continue maintaining roads that are going to fall out of use AND by design. Hence in citys all the cycle lanes going in causing congestion, all of this is planned it is not an accident. As soon as HS2 is complete the railways will stop and bus routes already cut back so severely.

Many years ago I once came across a quote attributed to the Duke of York made around the time the railways where being buit. The Grand old Duke of york is on the record declaring he did not like the railways as it provided the peasants an opportunity to travel.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2021, 13:41   #35
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Thought ide let you all know Lincs County Council do pay out for damage caused by potholes as just received an offer of settlement but they refuse to accept blame lol

I will take the cheque and drive i think....

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 11:48   #36
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
It's not just potholes and general degeneration. It seems road humps can be laid with no survey of residents views or recognition of damage caused to even slow traffic, let alone the wriggling that goes on when a claim is made.
If you have a v8 then rev the engine as you go over the hump! This is especially affective after 21:00 hours or at 05:00 hrs. You, as a fly-by-night driver and vehicle, will not persuade the unitary authority to do anything. Residents, however, have a vote.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 11:52   #37
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
If you consider a road by you is unfit for purpose by being in a bad condition, A+B designated, you can serve a ‘section 56 ‘ notice on the council to repair it.They receive grants to repair these roads and can not reallocate the money to anything else, so not using it is a ridiculous thing to do.
Where do you obtain a section 56 paperwork? From the highways website or what?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 18:42   #38
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertone View Post
Worcs CC are responsible for highways in my town and they have just totally resurfaced a half mile + section that serves a small parking area to access a country park and a group of about 5 houses. OK the road was well worn and needed doing but usable.
Within a mile radius there are main routes and traffic islands with badly deteriorated surfaces which logically one would have thought should get priority. Do I contact the council, no because all i'll get is some jobsworth explaining some algorithm they use to determine what to do.
I live on a cul de sac road 80 mtrs from a school entrance at the end, the residents managed to get a traffic survey done which, based on 596 daily vehicle passes towards the school, showed average speed exceeded the speed limit. Did we get any traffic calming? No because there is a 'formula' to which the survey results are compared and our results fell below so 'if you think cars are speeding get in touch with the police'!!! I despair.
We have a school in our road. 20 MPH speed limit.Double yellow lines and restricted times for loading and unloading. What a joke the lot is.Every day people are parking , sometimes all night, and the same cars there for three days and nights. It is up to the council to ‘police’ these restrictions. Another joke. The only time anything happens is if I get in touch with the councillor for our area, and then it is only a token response of a camera car. Just round the corner is another school. There they park on the zigzag lines of the traffic light crossing, also obstructing traffic on the road causing delays. What is the matter with people these days? Nobody walks anywhere now. Bone idle, and illiterate into the bargain.