Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th March 2021, 10:45   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Your cars history...

So this is the first full weekend I've had off since Christmas, I was really looking forward to it, but now it's here I can't get the enthusiasm to actually do anything, despite being sat here incredibly bored! I've got plenty to be getting on with on my model railway, 2 bridges to build before I can run any trains again, the Enfield needs a service, and I need to go to the Harley dealer to get the bits to service the Buell. Pretty sure there's a few bits waiting to get done on the ZT too!

But instead of doing any of that, I find myself sitting here, searching through posts relating to my car, from the previous 2 owners from this forum! Quite interesting actually to see what things they've done previously, that I've had to do again since then! Judging by the posts, its actually on it's 3rd alternator now, and 3rd fan resistor, plus I've found the reason for all the little fluffy pads stuck everywhere, previous owner went round trying to eliminate all the creaks and rattles from the interior trim!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2021, 17:27   #2
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Last year I parked my ex-army bike at my son's house so I'd have more space to give the Red Hunter a good sort out. Got as far as hoiking it up in the air but since then everything else has taken priority. What Enfield have you got? Often thought of getting a cheap Bullet for commuting - not that I do much of that these days...
Good that you can find lots of history for your car. Sometimes I wish I knew more about mine and sometimes I think its better I dont!
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2021, 18:05   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I’ve been in touch with Bananas first owner, Mike King, he tracked me down via Facebook. We have met up and he told me on how he came to buy Banana.
Mike had bought a very early Trophy Blue ZT, 2003 model. Anyway one of its headlights failed. So he went to the MG garage in Luton to get another headlight unit, and came out with Banana.

The Sunspot Yellow ZT was in the showroom priced at £19,500, this was May 2004. He done a deal with the sales assistant and got the car for £16,850. He sold his ZT privately. He would wash and polish Banana every day if he could have. He kept the car for just on 3 years before trading it in for a Jeep Cherokee.
A move he regretted. Till he met me he had no idea if the Yellow ZT still existed.

Obviously he wanted to buy the car back off of me. But as we know I still have her. I’m Bananas third owner.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2021, 20:39   #4
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

The gentleman who owned my car from new supplied every invoice, test certificates, and full service history carried out by the car suppliers Souls of Olney to the date I gratefully bought it from him.

Well you don't ruin a history like that do you ?.
So everything I have had done to the car, keeping up the stamped service book etc I too have retained.

Silly not to.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2021, 20:56   #5
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I’ve been in touch with Bananas first owner, Mike King, he tracked me down via Facebook. We have met up and he told me on how he came to buy Banana.
Mike had bought a very early Trophy Blue ZT, 2003 model. Anyway one of its headlights failed. So he went to the MG garage in Luton to get another headlight unit, and came out with Banana.

The Sunspot Yellow ZT was in the showroom priced at £19,500, this was May 2004. He done a deal with the sales assistant and got the car for £16,850. He sold his ZT privately. He would wash and polish Banana every day if he could have. He kept the car for just on 3 years before trading it in for a Jeep Cherokee.
A move he regretted. Till he met me he had no idea if the Yellow ZT still existed.

Obviously he wanted to buy the car back off of me. But as we know I still have her. I’m Bananas third owner.
Not exactly a like for like swap
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2021, 08:34   #6
Fred Pitt

Rover 75 Saloon

A Jeep Cherokee!
How ghastly! I can't think of a car with less character.
Fred Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2021, 10:52   #7
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Similar to how I ended up with my Buell, went in to the Harley dealer for a bolt for my sportster, saw the Buell, sat on it, bought it, then went and got the bolt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideValve View Post
Last year I parked my ex-army bike at my son's house so I'd have more space to give the Red Hunter a good sort out. Got as far as hoiking it up in the air but since then everything else has taken priority. What Enfield have you got? Often thought of getting a cheap Bullet for commuting - not that I do much of that these days...
Good that you can find lots of history for your car. Sometimes I wish I knew more about mine and sometimes I think its better I dont!
Easily done, at one point i had about 6 bikes, with only 2 on the road. Now I've just got the 2. The enfield is a 2017 GT535, £4000 to buy, 80-90 mpg, £65 tax, cheap insurance, slow but great fun. I gave my Dad a load of stick when he bought his enfield, then I had a ride on it and ended up spending ages looking for one myself.

I did finally get off the sofa, and did the service on the enfield and cleaned both bikes. Then spent a while digging out the various parts for the car, which I'll hopefully get done over easter.

bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote