Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th February 2015, 19:49   #1
Jdp1975

Rover 75 Connoiseur Saloon

Default Radio tuner problem

Hi all.. just bought my first 75, a 2001 Connoisseur SE. Has the usual leaky boot through one of the rear lights but when I took the spare wheel out there was barely a splash or two in the bottom and neither of the radio/video units seem to have any outwardly visible signs of flooding. However on the hi-line unit I can't get the radio to change between AM to FM and neither can I change the frequency to another station. When pressing the mode button it will flit between radio CD and tape, but will not display any radio info at all, just stays on the CD screen. Has anybody else had this problem? Before buying a new head unit I wondered whether or not it would be worth removing the boot tuner to a dryer environment for a while. On another note, I don't have a working CD for the satnav and have fried my brain trying to read every thread on here for a link where I can find an up to date replacement! I have no idea what MK it is, just that the bootlegged version I found on ebay just gets spat out after a few seconds.
Jdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 20:57   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

It's a common fault James, follow these reset instructions and it should cure the problem

ROVER 75 HIGH LINE ICE RADIO RESET PROCEDURE.

If the radio in this vehicle sticks on one station and you are unable to select anything other than tape or CD please carry out the following procedure to reset the unit.

1. Switch off unit using main on/off button (one with the orange tell tale on the bottom right of the unit)

2. Switch on the unit using the same button

3. Within 8 seconds press and hold the TP button, on the unit, until the radio station read out re-appears and music etc can be heard

4. Switch off the unit again

5. Switch the unit back on and you can then select all radio bands along with CD, tape and tuner.

This should reset your Highline Radio.

As for Sat Nav discs, Tele atlas supply new ones, but they can be quite expensive.

http://www.navmapstore.com/category/...over_75_Update
Reebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 21:26   #3
Bausor1989

Rover 75 saloon

Default Peter day

I have the same car and had a few of the same problems,manged to get take my original copy of the highline satnav disc to my local computer shop and and after a lot of trying they burned off a new copy for me.I also had water in the wheel well in the bottom of the boot you have bungs you can take one of these out so the water drains away no water will splash up from underneath.unfortunally I do not have a a answer for the radio as I have the same problem my tape and cd only work
Bausor1989 is offline   Reply With Quote