Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th July 2013, 12:58   #1
Turbo_tob

75 connoisseur se tourer

Default Replacement nav - blank screen! Argh!

Hi guys,

Thanks to you helpful bunch I went hunting for a new sat nav unit and found what appeared to be a bargain at £35 ! Even better, upon closer inspection it appeared to be a mk4 according to a bit of googling the part number!

However, not all is rosy. When I connected the unit it sprung in to life fine, red light flashing the. On solid, accepted the disc no problem - happy days! However, the display on the HU is totally blank. It's not the HU, as without a nav attached it defaults to the 80s style display fine, which says to me it isn't the video unit either.

Before my old sat nav unit got wet the display worked fine too so I do think its to do with the nav unit.

Any ideas what to look for or who to speak to? Firmware corrupt maybe? I popped the covers off the nav and everything is healthy and dry unlike my old one. As I payed so little I really want to get this working!

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Regards,

Toby
Turbo_tob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 13:30   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

you have not got the plugs in fully.i susspect or a loose kbus wire.the plugs in order to insert must have the horsehoe shaped lever in the down positon ie fully flat.the plugs then go in with a firm clunk.it is possible to insert them with the lever half way up and alltho they appear to be in they are not and you get the symptoms as described. i did this with a drive i had repaired. i was convinced it was dud and sent it back until the company rang me up and told me my last destination and sent a picture of it running
Old 27th July 2013, 21:34   #3
Turbo_tob

75 connoisseur se tourer

Thanks for the reply. I checked and the plugs are fully and properly seated but ill take your advice and investigate the connections further. Tomorrow ill check the connections on the nav and connectors and also check the soldering etc inside the nav, maybe test for continuity if I'm feeling motivated!
Old 28th July 2013, 10:50   #4
Turbo_tob

75 connoisseur se tourer

Hi,

Today I'm going to spend some time playing with the nav trying various resets and testing connections but if it fails I might try moving on to firmware changes.

What firmware are we on at the moment? I've read some places that sometimes you need to downgrade to a certain version before upgrading again and need some advice really!

Regards,

Toby
Old 28th July 2013, 18:46   #5
Turbo_tob

75 connoisseur se tourer

Tried updating it earlier with v32 I think it is? Disc was in there for about 2-3 minutes before it ejected itself, then nothing happened. I then tried to put the nav disc in, powered ignition off and waited for the nav to shut down, when I turned the ignition back on it defaulted back to 80s mode display (ie like when no nav unit is attached) for a few seconds then went blank again when the nav took over.

I've got the nav unit back in the house and tonight will strip it carefully apart and test for continuity across connections.

So frustrating! I WILL find the fault!
Old 1st August 2013, 10:46   #6
Turbo_tob

75 connoisseur se tourer

Now looking in to firmware but have no way to burn a high quality disc myself - any one local around the midlands with an update disc I could borrow?!
Old 9th February 2015, 13:59   #7
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Did you resolve this Toby ??!

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote