Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th February 2022, 21:27   #13351
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Thanks Steve, I've put them on my Ebay watchlist. The bolt in question is the one from the battery and connects to the most burnt and worn of the contacts so I wonder if it has been getting hot causing it's nut to seize ?

Anyway it's all back together nice and secure but I'll keep the Ebay listing in mind in case the Connie starts to show the same issue
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 16:07   #13352
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Default Cleaned up the contacts on my interior light

I have noticed for a while that my front interior light flickers and also makes a buzzing noise.

When I took the cover off to investigate it was clear from how the plastic has melted around the bulb holes that things have been getting hot.

I removed the two securing screws and lowered the unit carefully to see the electrical connection.

As it happens, there are 3 things that attach to the light unit:
The electrical feed
What I assume to be the remote locking sensor
What I assume to be an interior temperature sensor

With these unplugged I took the unit into the house and with some 320 grit paper cleaned up the contact points on the tracks and also the bulb holder.

It really is point contact and some deep pitting was evident, interestingly only on one side of each track.

While I was browsing ebay in case I needed a replacement I saw that some of them are silvered in the 3 bulb recesses.
Figuring it would help the light output I got some modelling silver paint and replicated what I had seen.

Put it all back together and no flickering and better light output, although 2 bulbs are brighter than the other. Replacement maybe..

Its something I recommend checking just in case you also have bad contacts.

Easy 20 minute job start to finish.
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 18:31   #13353
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Put petrol in the Bears tank. Only took £85 to fill it up, the orange light was on.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 21:36   #13354
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

I'm sure my two are playing games with me ! First got Connie back all welded and MOT'd ready for a rest on her driveway. The tourer was all prepped ready to tour Scotland then the night before the starter motor gave up, so had to put all our things into Connie to do the trip instead. Returned from our 1200 mile holiday and then next day fixed the tourer's starter motor . Picked the wife up from work tonight in Connie and smelt hot brakes . Checked the wheels and the n/s/f wheel was hot !

So tonight as the wind blew for all it's worth , I stripped and cleaned the piston and smeared it with red rubber grease and re assembled it and went for a 20 mile road test and it's nice and cool again.

So the Wife can drive to Middlesbro' in the morning , I get a lie in and the use of the tourer to do my running about.

They are worse than a couple of kids

Edit . Thought about the repair last night and as there is a break in winds , I decided this morning to fit some Pagid front brake pads to push the pistons back further into the caliper as the wife doesn't have to travel until later this morning so I didn't get my lie in .

Last edited by patrolman pete; 17th February 2022 at 10:50.. Reason: More info
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2022, 15:42   #13355
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithA View Post
As part of my quest to eliminate buzz and vibration from the cdti's cabin I changed the front exhaust rubbers for heavy duty versions. While under there I noticed that some of the heat shield fixings were wearing through, so a couple of penny washers sorted that. First driving impressions are that the worst buzz has gone.

As an aside I used my new plastic 2 piece ramps, which worked really well. I've always been nervy getting up the metal versions but these are wide, shallow and no ridges, piece of cake! Downside is they aren't quite as tall. As my drive has a bit of a slope I end up with a fairly level car, and will use them to fit the 3 engine mounts when they arrive. I still used stands and chocks, belt and braces and all that.

Pics attached of ramps, finished job and old v new rubbers.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk
Hi Keith,

where did you source those new mounts? I think mine need replacing for the same reason - an annoying buzzing sound,

Thanks,

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2022, 16:03   #13356
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I installed some LED bulbs in my ZT-T's taillights with bulbs from Rick-Sta. Fog, reverse, brake. The taillight units and fixings were in generally good shape although a couple of the screw mounts needed some repair with thick cyano glue.
I finally got brave enough to try out the sunroof for the first time. It worked beautifully although when tilted it wouldn't stay in the up position.

Our local British Car Show has announced that will be holding the event for the first time in 3 years so I will have to look into getting my summer wheels refinished. Last time I did them myself but I really don't want to do that job again.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 17th February 2022 at 16:07..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2022, 17:28   #13357
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Put petrol in the Bears tank. Only took £85 to fill it up, the orange light was on.
That should last a couple of days Bob.
Old 20th February 2022, 13:54   #13358
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I fixed the diesel leak on Karen's new zt, eventually found that the metal clip holding the rubber pipe to the stainless pipe had rusted through, a clean up and another clip fitted and all is well again.

The car also has a remote telestart for the fbh which didnt work, so a gander on here and I found the reset guide for it.
Now she can stand in the bedroom and get the car interior like toast before she goes out .
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2022, 14:52   #13359
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Took the Bear to the CMGOC breakfast meet at Trevaskis farm restaurant near Camborne. 125 mile round trip. We hit warp factor 3 aka 69.9mph. It’s like driving a totally different car. So smooth. And I still have petrol left.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2022, 16:27   #13360
Pistons_and_processors
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Had some pre MOT work done. Lower bush had disintegrated and anyone had a worse AC condenser?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B704D286-0BA4-48BB-B7DF-48A1401EE600.jpg (7.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DA618738-68D9-434D-8DD1-74614AED04D8.jpg (14.5 KB, 35 views)