Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd December 2019, 20:00   #51
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

It really gets my goat when you read rubbish, trying to be polite,like this diatribe about diesels. I was a lorry driver for 40 odd years, so must have breathed more than my fair share of ‘pollutants’ into my lungs. And is there nothing that diesel does any good. I hope the shopkeepers realise they are going to go down the drain when people like me stop shopping in the city centre and anywhere that the powers that be try to charge you for ,or make it more awkward to get to in our private cars. Perhaps the first month if everyone kept away from these draconian measures, they would then come up with another way of saying,oh, perhaps it’s not to bad to allow diesel cars into the city. Clowns at large.
Old 3rd December 2019, 22:19   #52
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL It's only taxpayers money, you couldn't make it up! https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...uisition/16329
I can look out of my front window and see two diesel Bristol City Council vans, one brand new this year. A case of ‘do as I say, not as I do!
Old 26th February 2021, 16:07   #53
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

This is back now as a petrol and diesel ban, for all vehicles not euro 6.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/e...lean-air-zone/

It is going to cost me and the Mrs £90 per week, two cars x 5 days x £9, or we get new cars.
Old 26th February 2021, 16:54   #54
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Bristol has always been a bit of a Animal Farm outpost. Chris.S.
When I lived in Bristol in the early eighties it was not unusual to have supplementary rate demands because the left wing council had no fiscal responsibility, and the white elephant of Portbury dock, a labour pipe dream cost every citizen dear.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2021, 23:59   #55
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

I think this is certainly the thin end of a wedge...and that wedge will be shocking...I hate to say this folks but i suspect these steps are not taken for us.... most likely 'emissions' is just a convenient excuse...they will be part of a plan for a future generation....one that is already becoming accustomed to shopping from home.
I think that it will be part of the new landscape...a future 'internet of things' landscape that will likely be pretty alien to us...think back to a time when streets were tree lined avenues? Didnt Sheffield see their trees disappear pretty abruptly recently?...remember the protests and the widespread media campaign...made no difference...same with trees by railway lines...

.simply not being able to drive thru a city is not a big deal to me reallly...i park on the outskirts of norwich when i visit and it has good park and ride or park a little closer in one of the car parks and walk in....simple.
Like i said its my opinion that massive change is coming....protest all you like i fear it will make little difference...someone somewhere has made their mind up i reckon.
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2021, 21:59   #56
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

This is the Davos agenda green revolution which make all of us poorer and the elite super rich.. the plan no cars after 2030 for all of us, they have infiltrated all the councils to start this... all singing from the same hymn sheets its all front and Davos is calling all the shots

I WANT A ROAD TAX REDUCTION IF THEY START KNOCKING OFF NO GO ZONES FOR MY CAR!!!!!! IM getting less for my money. This is also victimization and selected process on Diesel owners and what about brand new 70 plate diesels worth thousands of pounds just out of the show rooms, the council is taking the pee....BUT REMEMBER ITS NOT OUR COUNCILS.... THEY WORK FOR THE CABAL
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2021, 08:13   #57
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Ah as I was told recently, it's emissions tax not road tax.

Utter garbage.

Then I say that about most climate change stuff. And when you point out the science of climate cycle they look at you with fear and panic.

Yes we can effect it, and do damage it from what we do, but when you look at the geological proof of the earth's 14000 year climate cycle of warming and cooling then it becomes very obvious we are in the heating up stage again.

Global warming and its associated nonsense. Humph. Over population you mean. Why are we bothering when China and other countries are just tearing on.

Its like turning up to help at an earthquake with a brush and pan

Last edited by Reebs; 28th February 2021 at 11:07.. Reason: Language
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 14:27   #58
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I see Bristol City Council have agreed it's final proposals for a CAZ & submitted them to government today.

The last proposal was going to be a class C CAZ which excluded cars but the city has decided to implement a Class D CAZ, which will require drivers of all older, non-compliant, vehicles to pay a daily fee to enter the zone. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/env...arges-for-cars

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 17:55   #59
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I see Bristol City Council have agreed it's final proposals for a CAZ & submitted them to government today.

The last proposal was going to be a class C CAZ which excluded cars but the city has decided to implement a Class D CAZ, which will require drivers of all older, non-compliant, vehicles to pay a daily fee to enter the zone. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/env...arges-for-cars
To some extent the clean air requirement situation could be likened to phasing out coal fires in cities and towns. The air will become cleaner (excepting the winds from China) year on year as more EV's are introduced. However, that process is still too slow for some. Also this is another means to raise revenue when VED taxation reduces if EV's are still exempt from it.

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 1st March 2021 at 17:56.. Reason: missing word or two
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 19:39   #60
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

A bit off topic but HGV's came under new emission standards today in the LEZ, this short video shows how easy it is to confuse it with the ULEZ, Nightmare for these drivers.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote