Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th December 2021, 18:30   #1
Lee62

Rover 75

Red face Save a 75 Connoisseur Diesel £400

Hi,

I have a Blue Rover 75 diesel Connoisseur in need of rescue and wonder if there is anyone out there who would like to buy it before I send it for scrap.
The good bits are:
It has Mot until September 2022
The engine is good. Tyres are good. Air con works. Handbrake works well on just a few clicks. Mostly everything works.
The bad bits are:
Clutch slave cylinder has failed again! I could possibly drive it somewhere local without the clutch late at night if someone really wanted it but would be best picked up on a trailer.
I think there is a slight exhaust leak.
I think the engine mounts might need looking at, The drivers door internals have been maulered by a previous owner so the electric window is a bit sticky, the lock doesn't work with the key and the door card doesn't sit right. There is a bit of dodgy welding to the rear of the offside sill. I have changed lots of parts on the suspension since I have had it but have never managed to make it the smooth car it should be. Previous owners have scraped paint off the near side front corner. I only have one key and that is in two halves with a key without buttons and a fob without key! Would really need to be picked up on a trailer but I could possibly drive it somewhere without the clutch (pedal on the floor).
Things I can remember I have done since having it. Regularly serviced, in tank pump, hand brake cable mod to get rid of stretchy metal hook bit, engine power electronic box and maf sensor (£200), intercooler o rings upgrade, front lower suspension Bush upgrade, full size spare wheel, dampers all round, new front springs, rear anti roll bar added recent rear brake discs pads and shoes, air con condenser, electric fan. Probably other things that I can't remember.
OK I have recently sent an Astra van for scrap metal and that was worth £255, I haven't got a quote yet for the 75 but I think about £300 is likely. I paid £200 for the power box thing with the maf and I think £100 would be good on ebay so I think £400 all in would be a bargain for someone. Please note that it has nearly a full tank of diesel which I intend to drain out but again if you are quick we could come to an arrangement for that The car is situated at SG11 1PU. Please be quick because DVLA rules mean I have got to have it taxed and insured to keep it on the road. It's a shame to let it go but I am getting too old to do another clutch on it especially this time of year. PM me. Regards Lee

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 23rd December 2021 at 08:39.. Reason: Phone number removed
Lee62 is offline   Reply With Quote