Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st January 2007, 13:53   #31
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Thankfully I have sorted my GPS and it works a treat. It's awfully handy just being there and being able to switch it on if needed!

Quick question for Keith if I may about the aeriels. I have decided to buy an additional antenna for the TV as I couldn't see where to put the terminals, the book shows the position then in the car it look different, so not risking it.

But the radio antenna, there are two connectors?? I have the appropriate unit for them to connect into but there is another in the car, slightly smaller. The one connector can plug in but leave the other connector dangling. There are only two wires aswell from the first unit to the screen where as the new unit has four!? Thing is I've plugged the one connector in and the radio works fine! Whats the other connector for?

Thanks

David
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 21:08   #32
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Monk View Post
Thankfully I have sorted my GPS and it works a treat. It's awfully handy just being there and being able to switch it on if needed!

Quick question for Keith if I may about the aeriels. I have decided to buy an additional antenna for the TV as I couldn't see where to put the terminals, the book shows the position then in the car it look different, so not risking it.

But the radio antenna, there are two connectors?? I have the appropriate unit for them to connect into but there is another in the car, slightly smaller. The one connector can plug in but leave the other connector dangling. There are only two wires aswell from the first unit to the screen where as the new unit has four!? Thing is I've plugged the one connector in and the radio works fine! Whats the other connector for?

Thanks

David
The Radio uses a diversity antenna you can fit the larger amp and the four way connector to the hrw the two top wires of the four way go to the normal hrw connections the bottom two go to the two black leads that are earthed but you must also fit the different black leads you were provided as these have chokes in them doing this will improve reception a bit but not a lot.

TV is a problem you can't use the HRW element
Keep the little amplifier connected to the two TV leads then experiment with anything I hung a standard house type TV aerial on it when setting it all up.

I bought a couple of TV diversity aerial from Ebay but the quality of them was rubbish in the end I bought a standard set top dipole and have mounted it on the parcel shelf not ideal as it is too visible but ok for now.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:24   #33
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

reception on the radio is good, i have no complaints so I think I will jst leave them. I'll keep the bits just in case, i'm going to wales in a few weeks so I'll see how reception fairs on the journey as i'm usually tottering around Birmingham. So long as the loose connector isn't needed for much I'll be leaving it, I did wonder if it might be for the TMC.

The TV signal I haven't played with yet, i'll have a mooch for a decent antenna.

Thanks!
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote