Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2007, 11:54   #1
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Default The Parts Gateway & Chrome door finishers - DON'T GET EXCITED WHEN YOU SEE THE TITLE!

I hope nobody got their hopes up as I haven't found an infinite supply of these illusive parts :lol:

I mentioned on http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...?t=8094&page=2 that I may have sourced a set of the finishers. In fact I had found 2 sets or so I thought

I put a query in on https://www.partsgateway.co.uk/ giving the part number, description and a pic. I got 2 replies - Rover Spares Norfolk and Rover Breakers with each source having one set. Price was about £30 plus postage from each.

This is easy, I thought. I must be a genius as nobody else has though of this! I was going to buy one set for myself and post the source of the other on here.

So this morning I contacted both companies. When pressed as to the exact description of the parts, both parties mumbled an apology and said that they did not have a set after all

Did they not read the description and part number and look at the pic?? Talk about getting my hopes up - I was almost going out to prep the car for installation

So, yeah, I'm a genius alright...

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:02   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Cue Hamlet Cigar advert music.......
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:02   #3
tourerfogey
Banned

I have used www.partsgateway.co.uk on a number of occasions - the suppliers who belong to the scheme always do one of 2 things:

1. Ignore your enquiry

2. Say 'yes' as a matter of course so that you contact them direct, presumably because they can't be bothered to look into your requirements unless they have a chance of obtaining your credit card number and completing the order.

I don't bother anymore.
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:38   #4
steveseeney
Regular poster

Rover 75CDTI tourer

They are not much better in person either, A few months ago I phoned Rover breakers Norfolk for a 16inch wheel to use as a spare he phoned back to say he had some in the yard still on a car so I drove over (20 miles) and he took me up the yard with a wrench in hand ready to remove said wheel until I pointed out that all the wheels on all the 75s in the yard where 15inch! He was suitably apologetic and spent some time searching through piles of wheels and eventually found a slightly scruffy Union alloy with a usable tyre. I was also able to have a good look round the cars in the yard and found a tool kit foam tray with wheel brace and spare wheel clamp. got hte lot for £48 but I still need a jack.
Incidentally there were 3 early 75's with real wood dashes still in them
steveseeney is offline   Reply With Quote