Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th October 2014, 07:26   #101
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Can someone identify the music player app for me please? I've been looking for one with nice uncluttered interface and relatively large player controls like this for ages.
As far as I can remember that is PowerAmp with a skin loaded, to make it look clean and simple. Its very popular on the Play store. I have reloaded my tablet rom several times since and use Road Sidekick Pro as my home screen and the default Android player from version 4.4.4.
Old 29th October 2014, 08:37   #102
jubbarelly

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

I just use Spotify now and pay 9.99 a month for all the music I want plus it's legit too lol
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 16:33   #103
Yellow
Regular poster

Mg zt

Default dac? or jack 3,5

hi air
did you use a dac to conect the audio or just a 3,5 jack
thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
Well after seeing this how to, and daves brill setup, I have took the plunge and started on one.

Heres some pics, just got to mount the Nexus 7 into the DD fascia, but having trouble thinking of a way to do it lol....

Pictures of the tablet install to follow lol.

Cheers
Jub
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 17:17   #104
DaveyC

MG ZT-T Diesel

Most tablets only have a headphone jack, so I used it on mine. Depends on the tablet spec and what your head unit will take too.

Dave
Old 1st March 2015, 18:05   #105
Yellow
Regular poster

Mg zt

my alpine cde 134bt has no aux in just usb and the 3,5 jack at the front.
and the nexus 7 2013 , if i use a usb dac they say it sounds beter

i see that u people didnt use that

Last edited by Yellow; 1st March 2015 at 18:27..
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 07:39   #106
DaveyC

MG ZT-T Diesel

Mine uses the jack, as I never got round to setting up another connection but its not that noticeable and sounds OK to me. I only really use the tablet's audio for sat nav, so its no biggie.
Old 25th March 2015, 09:25   #107
Everso
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default A truly inspired idea.

Hi all,

I just got a 75 (2.0 diesel estate auto) and so far (bout 500 miles in it) I am loving it. You have to live with a few jokes at work about driving slippers but then you get in a comfortable car and drive through rush hour traffic in climate controlled comfort and forget all that stuff.

However the Philips radio could do with - shall we say - a little updating. Then I read this thread and thought ... I have a 7 inch tablet (Galaxy tab 1 - 3G so no need for a dongle) - I have a little cash to spare and I have the time to play with this...

So the fitting instructions and details of apps are excellent. I love the idea of a hidden hole should the power button ever be needed. I did think about putting a big USB power bank in between the 5V supply and the tablet so it can last longer without power but then the trigger to start would have to be something like connecting a blue-tooth headset ... mere details.

Now I need to decide between this and a one of the use Navall (probably a 2) that pop up here from time to time. The questions I could not figure out are

1) Can you fit a reversing camera? I am happy to have to press a button rather than have it automatic if that is the only way. The other thing I did consider was a totally independent system (own screen) and put the screen in the drivers sun visor so when I am reversing and it's tight - I flip it down - reverse - then fold it back up. This seems to be about £40 on e-bay.

2) Are there head units available that can connect to the steering wheel controls (I believe mine is the basic one on the left hand side with 3 buttons)

3) And this is the biggie - how do I get radio - sat nav directions and phone calls to go through the head unit. I figure an AUX socket will take care if I am playing music from the tablet but not if I was listening to the radio. Is there maybe some way of getting the tablet to trigger the switch to AUX - make the announcement - then switch back?

Assuming these issues are sorted then what head unit would people recommend? Ideally something with DAB (they tell me this is the future) but that would be way down the list of requirement.

I look forward to the considered opinion of the assembled ladies and gentlemen

Everso

Last edited by Everso; 25th March 2015 at 10:32..
Everso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 19:15   #108
jubbarelly

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everso View Post
Hi all,

I just got a 75 (2.0 diesel estate auto) and so far (bout 500 miles in it) I am loving it. You have to live with a few jokes at work about driving slippers but then you get in a comfortable car and drive through rush hour traffic in climate controlled comfort and forget all that stuff.

However the Philips radio could do with - shall we say - a little updating. Then I read this thread and thought ... I have a 7 inch tablet (Galaxy tab 1 - 3G so no need for a dongle) - I have a little cash to spare and I have the time to play with this...

So the fitting instructions and details of apps are excellent. I love the idea of a hidden hole should the power button ever be needed. I did think about putting a big USB power bank in between the 5V supply and the tablet so it can last longer without power but then the trigger to start would have to be something like connecting a blue-tooth headset ... mere details.

Now I need to decide between this and a one of the use Navall (probably a 2) that pop up here from time to time. The questions I could not figure out are

1) Can you fit a reversing camera? I am happy to have to press a button rather than have it automatic if that is the only way. The other thing I did consider was a totally independent system (own screen) and put the screen in the drivers sun visor so when I am reversing and it's tight - I flip it down - reverse - then fold it back up. This seems to be about £40 on e-bay.

2) Are there head units available that can connect to the steering wheel controls (I believe mine is the basic one on the left hand side with 3 buttons)

3) And this is the biggie - how do I get radio - sat nav directions and phone calls to go through the head unit. I figure an AUX socket will take care if I am playing music from the tablet but not if I was listening to the radio. Is there maybe some way of getting the tablet to trigger the switch to AUX - make the announcement - then switch back?

Assuming these issues are sorted then what head unit would people recommend? Ideally something with DAB (they tell me this is the future) but that would be way down the list of requirement.

I look forward to the considered opinion of the assembled ladies and gentlemen

Everso
Hi

1. Yes you can get a reverse camera to work by installing a wifi version. This basically gives off an SSID so that when the car is put in reverse the tablet `sees` the SSID of the camera and connects to it, then the image appears on the tablets screen.

2. Yes, the stereo I purchased was a kenwood KDC-BT925D which has infrared so that I can use the infrared signal from the steering wheel controls to function the stereo. Of course this will only work if your steering wheel controls use the infra red system. Easy way to find out is to take the eye brow off, as that is where the blue diode sits.

3. Once the tablet is installed and connected to the AUX socket then ALL the audio from the tablet will go through the cars speakers. I also use a radio app on the tablet which effectively streams DAB type stations through my mobile wifi hotspot. The good thing about the stereo I purchased and one of the reasons why I purchased it is because the AUX socket is at the back so no wires are sticking out the front.

Hope that helps.

Jub
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 11:29   #109
Everso
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks for the reply. I had a look at my tablet yesterday and in hindsight it does seem a bit sluggish so I've gone for a Navall 2.

Last edited by Everso; 26th March 2015 at 13:01..
Everso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:47   #110
Shawn
Banned

Connoisseur SE MK2 diesel auto

Thanks for all the great work peeps its inspired me and I don't even have a car yet.
Looking 4 a diesel auto!
I'm thinking of a slightly different tack as my phone is actually 7" ooo her missus. So I'd like a less permanent install. Yes it would leave a gaping hole in the dash when parked but you can't steal fresh air
Something along the lines of a flip out/clip off affair with a bluetooth radio fitted and paired to the phone. Maybe just a micro usb power cable available for long journeys. Could play Tunein radio via bluetooth.

Last edited by Shawn; 2nd May 2015 at 09:48.. Reason: spelling
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote