Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th October 2015, 12:19   #11
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Many thanks Chips - much appreciated.

Also thanks to Gary (Borg warner) for the PM on this.

Really helpful guys
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 12:42   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Harry

A gent as always. I have used Harry a few times and always helpful and a pleasure to talk to. Another more than helpful member and trader
Well, thanks for that, but just to clear a point up...

I never was a trader. I offered these modified compensators as a favor to you guys, charging just enough to cover my expenses, no charge for my time at all.

Gerry T and myself between us, found a way to refurbish and reinforce these items and as I had the equipment in my workshop to do the job, I then offered a refurbed for stretched exchange service.

Now there is a better solution and my home circumstances have changed, I decided it was just not worthwhile to continue offering the service.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 13:19   #13
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I have now stopped offering the compensators, as they are no longer needed. The mini compensator is a much better design than the Rover 75 one, even when refurbished and modified.
Harry time to amend your signature?
still offers £8 compensator exchange.

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 15:06   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
Harry time to amend your signature?
still offers £8 compensator exchange.
Now done!

I must admit I left it in, with the intention of resuming the service after my partner passed away, but then the mini compensator came along so the trouble and effort seemed no longer worth while. Besides, I presently have much less spare time or inclination to do them.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 26th October 2015, 01:21   #15
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Default Brake compenstor

Thanks Harry,
I'll get my head around the notes and pics.... many thanks and the effort to assist us all!
Nick

Quote:
I have now stopped offering the compensators, as they are no longer needed. The mini compensator is a much better design than the Rover 75 one, even when refurbished and modified.
Old 10th June 2016, 10:40   #16
bungy59

rover75 saloon

Default handbrake compensator

hi how do i go about ordering a modified compensator
bungy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 17:43   #17
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Speak to Phil T4.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 20:23   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungy59 View Post
hi how do i go about ordering a modified compensator
If you have the tools needed, you could easily do your own version. I documented my method fully, or you could take a compensator to an engineers or a garage and them to do it. It is just a matter of reforming the compensater back to original and weld reinforcing it.

Old 18th June 2017, 14:05   #19
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Hi Harry Great write up very impressive,but if I understand you corretly,you now promote the mini compensator over the reworked one.Which makes my life easier as I was leaning towards mini compensator.Woould you be good enough to confirm Thanks
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 14:33   #20
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
all the details and photo's are here
Unbeliveable write up plus phot from Artic "Steve",but for myself I think just too much (years take thier toll!!)Any availabe "knowledgeable volunteers in the plymouth area)glady cross thier palms with silver!!

All thanks to Steve.
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote