Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th January 2007, 11:15   #1
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Default Hi-Line Retrofit Help

Well I knew I was going to have to ask at some point! lol

Have taken out the old stereo and removed the cabling, but have found a random wire that I think has come out of a plug, just need some confirmation on this, and a sealed up connector block with the label "Right Hand Side" printed on yellow tape.

The wire that has fell out is green/red and there is a six pin connector, small and black with only five wires going into it. I think it has come out of this, whats the best way to put it back in???? eek lol
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 11:47   #2
The_Monk

-

Ok have solved the mystery green/red wire. It seems its not needed as there is no corresponding wire on the new connector block! So thankfully not something I did!! heh

But the sealed cable in the first picture is still a mystery!
Old 14th January 2007, 14:54   #3
Simon
Banned

-

IT's difficult to tell from the photos (the second image is blurred) but does that cable not head towards the upper-left hand side of the centre-console area? If so, is not a further part of the audio wiring loom?

I have many wires taped up behind my console too... You should be amount of spare red (+ve) and black (-ve ground) wires I have in two blocks that go nowhere!
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 19:01   #4
The_Monk

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
IT's difficult to tell from the photos (the second image is blurred) but does that cable not head towards the upper-left hand side of the centre-console area? If so, is not a further part of the audio wiring loom?

I have many wires taped up behind my console too... You should be amount of spare red (+ve) and black (-ve ground) wires I have in two blocks that go nowhere!
I've discovered a fair few, on my tinkerings today. Have photographed them all so we can play snap! lol
Old 14th January 2007, 19:25   #5
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

could the spare wire be for the heated seat? (if you don't already have them fitted?)

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 19:36   #6
The_Monk

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
could the spare wire be for the heated seat? (if you don't already have them fitted?)
There is a spare connector block under the seat but i've read other posts from people saying that the wire is not substantial enough for the heat seats, but could be for electric seats??

There are actually three connectors inside that packaging cos I ripped it off! I also have some blue and yellow connectors that dont goto anything but they only have two wires going to them! Also on the audio loom there is a sealed off blue connector that I dont know whats for! On the test run I have no power to the rear of the car! So something is adrift!
Old 14th January 2007, 19:43   #7
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

I'd need to check on the wire colours but the plugs usually lurking there are heated seats (left and right) and rear electric blind ...

My heated seat wires have the big bold yellow sticker with Left etc. written AFAIK

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 19:58   #8
The_Monk

-

If they are for heated seats I will have to get some!! Just to use the connectors up of course!
Old 14th January 2007, 20:37   #9
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Firsst pic is the bundle of wires for the L & R Heated seats and there probably is a green plug in there as well for the rear sunblind

Second Pic is the second Sat Nav loom connector, as your car is a late model it has extra wires in it that will not exist in the 6 pin plug of the Nav loom these wires are there because there is not room or so they are not carried forward in the ISO to BMW adapter you need to buy so you will have to hard wire them.

You will need to take the blue orange wires and the red/white/yellow wire and one other (Brown grey I think) and extend them so you can wire into the loom
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 20:46   #10
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

The loose wire you found is not used

Note re your deleted post untill you wire the K bus wire (the red/white/yellow one) nothing will appear to work

Take a proper photo of the wires you have in the small six pin plug and I will tell you which ones go where.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote