Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th January 2007, 20:57   #11
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The loose wire you found is not used

Note re your deleted post untill you wire the K bus wire (the red/white/yellow one) nothing will appear to work

Take a proper photo of the wires you have in the small six pin plug and I will tell you which ones go where.
Thanks Keith will take a picture tomorrow!
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 09:39   #12
The_Monk

-

Keith,

I managed to sort out the three wires so everything now works, woo! However.... (always a but!!) I did have the trip details, mpg etc... when I first switched on then the second time the option disappeared. Luckily my car had an adpator fitted with the plug to fit those three K-bus wires straight it, but the loom has yet another same adaptor with two more wires! one of which does not appear with the three but does on the other side. Hopefully my picture is clear enough.

The three cables I have connected in but there are two more into a same connector in my hand! Do these wires need to be spliced together with the other wires on the connector? They are green and red the two wires in the spare connector.

I have to say would this information come via the audio loom? I have not plugged in anything that look to be coming from the dash console!? So my first guess was that the unit looked for this information couldn't find it so thought stuff it! Does it work like that?

Thanks
Old 15th January 2007, 10:51   #13
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Thats interesting so you have three six pin plugs very quaint as you can't use all three!

I am assuming the connector with the most wires in (five) is in the car side loom

If so remove the wires from the one with two wires (which I assume is part of the Nav loom) in it as they need to be connected up

Take the green brown wire from that connector and stick that in the spare hole in the other connector so it connects to the existing green brown wire in the opposite plug, this is your reverse signal

Take the green slate wire and look at the ISO plugs in the harness from the car one of them will have a similar coloured wire currently going no where this is from the abs ecu and nav will not guide properly without it

Note the black pink wire does nothing in the Hi-Line system this is the one that goes to the IKE for lo line cars and that we remove to connect the traffic master output to

Last edited by Keith; 15th January 2007 at 11:00..
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 12:33   #14
The_Monk

-

Have altered the cabling to join the the two wires in the spare connector. I have no visible signs to show that there is any difference but i expect I wouldnt notice unless I was fully testing the sat nav?

I have two random connectors as well if you are able to shed any light Keith?

The two cables are blue and orange into the one connector block but these are connected in the six pin block. Would these recieve the information from the dash console? I'm still not recieving anything.
Old 15th January 2007, 12:40   #15
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

The blue and orange wire are the steering wheel controls they are parralled up with the six pin plug so you don't need to do any more with the green one just leave it dangling

the blue block is a header block where various wires are joined together mainly K-Bus and power
Old 15th January 2007, 12:56   #16
The_Monk

-

Excellent, will fix it it all in and sort the antenna's out! Hopefully get a valid position on the sat nav as currently it is approx 20miles out!

Out of interest where is the feed for the mpg/average speed/range etc... to the headunit?
Old 15th January 2007, 15:33   #17
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

The feed comes via the Can Bus over the K-Bus from the cluster and should match what you see on your H-Line instruments

you should have the computer option on the screen menu if not then maybe you need to tell your car it has Nav with Testbook

I have seen one car with an early nav system that did not have the computer option

My 260 retrofit has the menu but it does not show much as the gateway to the Ford ecu does not provide any MPG info
Old 15th January 2007, 15:51   #18
The_Monk

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The feed comes via the Can Bus over the K-Bus from the cluster and should match what you see on your H-Line instruments

you should have the computer option on the screen menu if not then maybe you need to tell your car it has Nav with Testbook

I have seen one car with an early nav system that did not have the computer option

My 260 retrofit has the menu but it does not show much as the gateway to the Ford ecu does not provide any MPG info
Seems strange as the first time I switched it on it was there, no data, but the option was there. Second time it had gone! When the car goes for its service in June I will ask, not something I consider vital as I hardly use the dash console for the information anyway. It just nice knowing its there. Although if they set the traffic master to work with the nav unit that would quite handy!

Anyways... Thank-you very much Keith for your help, I will buy you a drink if I ever meet you!
Old 15th January 2007, 15:58   #19
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

That is fairly normal first boot the units still think they were in the original car and then do a device scan on the K-bus chances are the menu was white from the old cars config then went black as it could not detect the obc data so next time you turned the key no obc

Wait a while though get the nav side fully working and then see what happens
Old 16th January 2007, 09:55   #20
The_Monk

-

Who wants to see my handy work!! LOL! Before and after pics for you all to see!

Anyone know how to reset the GPS? It seems to think I'm 20 odd miles away!