Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th February 2007, 16:04   #1
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

Default 1999 Rover 600 1.8s Silver, spoiler, Alloys etc!!

If anyones interested I'm selling my T Reg Rover 600 in Zircon Silver with rear spoiler and Alloys!! It's done 61500 genuine miles and at its MOT(12 months) I had new timing belts, battery and Exhaust fitted. Quite a decent spec,Half Leather, Elec sunroof,mirrors, heated mirrors, air Con, ABS, Foglights. Only faults are, the ariel doesn't go all the way down and there's a cut in the leather on the back seat!!! As you can see from what I spent on it, it wasn't my intention to sell it, but when my Brother-in-law rang me and offered the 75 I couldn't resist (being ConnSE and knowing it from new)

So, if anyones interested I'd like £1200 for it and you can PM me.

Regards
John
Old 11th February 2007, 16:14   #2
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Any piccies John?
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 17:00   #3
Jontie
Loves to post

Hi Ken,
I'm just about to go out for a meal/ Family evening and I'm running a bit late!!! Send me your e-mail addy and I'll send some when I return. Or I'll put some on the site 2mrow AM!!
Old 11th February 2007, 17:05   #4
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

PM sent John
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 03:20   #5
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

Ahh the common aerial problem, and thankfully an easy fix (usually!) If you look at the base, you'll see the top half has 2 small holes on top either side of the mast, get a pair or long nosed pliers or similar, locate in holes, and unscrew the collar, may be worth covering the boot and wing with a thick blanket etc to save the paintwork just in case you slip! Once that's unscrewed and removed, have an assistant switch the radio on, so aerial starts to go up, but keep pulling , the whole mast should come out, and spew out a length of toothed plastic too. Once it's all out clean thoroughly and liberally spray with WD40 or similar until spotless, make sure there's no dents or kinks in the mast when fully pulled out, if there is, replacement masts are available for the £17 mark from Rover (or were) and the odd decent car audio or car spares place should do them too.
Once happy with state of the mast, feed the plastic back down the hole, and have someone switch the radio off, as the motor starts push plastic bit down, it should then catch on the cog inside, as it does, feed the mast back in, and finally make sure it's fully down, replace the chromed nut, and switch radio back on, aerial should then go all the way up, and *SHOULD* fully retract again once switched off
The teeth on the plastic aren't brilliant, and over time as the grease dries out, and dirt gets in, the cog slips on the teeth as soon as any resistance on the mast is felt, be it a build up of dirt, or a slight kink in the mast, so next thing you know, it's not fully extending or retracting.

HTH and good luck with the sale
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 23:30   #6
Jontie
Loves to post

Hi Rob,
Thanks very much for that, quite an interesting read. The problem came about because of the spoiler, there's a relay fitted to the boot release that triggers retraction even when the radio is on. I was picking up one of my golfing pals and he was stood waiting for me, bag on shoulder, I released the boot and he lifted it before the ariel had retracted all the way, the spoiler contacted the ariel, hey presto, curved ariel!!!

Thanks very much!!

Regards
Old 15th February 2007, 11:47   #7
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

Ahh been there, done that! If you can be bothered just stick a new mast in, should cost less than £20 all in, depends if you think it'd make a difference to the sale or not
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote