Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd August 2019, 11:45   #1
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Default ECP Discount

I'm not really a fan of ECP (the DFS of the car parts world) , but as there's a branch near me I do use it on occasions when I need something on the day. I've just tried using the club's discount to purchase some coolant but got a message saying it's invalid or has expired. This may have been raised already but if it has then I must have missed it, so does anyone know if the code has been changed or if the club no longer has access to its unique code? Thanks in advance.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:11   #2
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
I'm not really a fan of ECP (the DFS of the car parts world) , but as there's a branch near me I do use it on occasions when I need something on the day. I've just tried using the club's discount to purchase some coolant but got a message saying it's invalid or has expired. This may have been raised already but if it has then I must have missed it, so does anyone know if the code has been changed or if the club no longer has access to its unique code? Thanks in advance.
It hasnt really worked for about 4yrs. It used to be great, as the subs for the forum were covered easily bythe first ECP discount.
Be wary of the rubbish ECP sell as original replacement items though, theyre often poor. You get what you pay for.

Last edited by Canonite; 23rd August 2019 at 12:11.. Reason: Corrected the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- swearing
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:41   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
it doesnt work when they have one of their 'sales' on (which is nearly constantly lol). Use the current code 'BANK70'. Oils are a reasonable price using that code.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2019, 13:10   #4
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
it doesnt work when they have one of their 'sales' on (which is nearly constantly lol). Use the current code 'BANK70'. Oils are a reasonable price using that code.
I've used it before when there's been a 'sale' on with no problem. Sometimes it's given me a lower price than the sale code and sometimes not so I've used the one with the best discount. At the moment it's not working at all.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:44   #5
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

You might check out the ECP sister site Car-Parts-4-Less. They're usually a bit cheaper I find. The Triple QX brand is fine.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:15   #6
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

I'm not a fan of the quality of ECP either.

I own a classic Mini,

I bought a starter motor from them which lasted 6 months, bearing in mind the car only gets dry weather use, so it's hardly a daily driver.
Plus I bought some old school blue anti-freeze, not the newer OAT stuff our 75 / ZT 's use.
I had it in the sealed gallon container. Un-opened. When I came to use it, it had formed " lumps" in the bottom!
It was as if the chemicals had started to separate out.

They may be cheap, but like has already been said, you get what you pay for.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote