Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2012, 13:27   #81
obiwan
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 Mk II SE

Thanks Sean.

To be honest, I'm totally confused.

You say that your units are suited to my car. A couple of things probably worth mentioning:

1. I am in Australia. Clearly I would need Australian satnav maps. Also, I don't think there is any TMC here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I need it anyway.

2. My car is a 260 with Highline and HK. I have read elsewhere that it is not straightforward to install these Chinese units and retain the HK sub and amp. I have the BMW 17-pin round connector in the boot, connected to the factory radio module. I have the twin ISO (grey and brown) connectors in behind the console. But I'm stuffed if I know how these Chinese units plug in.

I read through the full thread in the link you provided, but there didn't appear to be anything catastrophic. Personally, I prefer the appearance and GUI of this unit, but I wouldn't place greater importance on this than sound and trouble-free operation. But that thread didn't suggest to me that there were any major problems.

I am a fair way into liaising with the people at www.sundaybuy.com, but it's not clear to me whether I need the version with CANbus or without. There has also been alot of to-ing and fro-ing in terms of trying to get the right spec and connectors etc. Basically I have placed an order with them but I'm not really sure that what I have ordered is correct, so the order is on hold. Hence, I didn't really think that I could ask for your advice!

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If I can be satisfied of the benefits of your unit over theirs, can get a reasonably straightforward explanation of how to install it to operate properly in my car, and you are able to cater for me being Down Under then I would be happy to cancel my order and place one with you.

Cheers
Ben

Last edited by obiwan; 28th November 2012 at 13:33..
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 13:41   #82
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
Thanks Sean.

To be honest, I'm totally confused.

You say that your units are suited to my car. A couple of things probably worth mentioning:

1. I am in Australia. Clearly I would need Australian satnav maps. Also, I don't think there is any TMC here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I need it anyway.

2. My car is a 260 with Highline and HK. I have read elsewhere that it is not straightforward to install these Chinese units and retain the HK sub and amp. I have the BMW 17-pin round connector in the boot, connected to the factory radio module. I have the twin ISO (grey and brown) connectors in behind the console. But I'm stuffed if I know how these Chinese units plug in.

I read through the full thread in the link you provided, but there didn't appear to be anything catastrophic. Personally, I prefer the appearance and GUI of this unit, but I wouldn't place greater importance on this than sound and trouble-free operation. But that thread didn't suggest to me that there were any major problems.

I am a fair way into liaising with the people at www.sundaybuy.com, but it's not clear to me whether I need the version with CANbus or without. There has also been alot of to-ing and fro-ing in terms of trying to get the right spec and connectors etc. Basically I have placed an order with them but I'm not really sure that what I have ordered is correct, so the order is on hold. Hence, I didn't really think that I could ask for your advice!

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If I can be satisfied of the benefits of your unit over theirs, can get a reasonably straightforward explanation of how to install it to operate properly in my car, and you are able to cater for me being Down Under then I would be happy to cancel my order and place one with you.

Cheers
Ben
Hi Ben

I am More than happy to help. We help all members.
Let me say , I have 3 of these that are now planters ! LOL
Factory support was an issue. They refused to acknowledge problems and honor warranty ! And We only ordered 5 !

Our Units Are Not Provided with Canbus. You should not need the Canbus.

I Have maybe 40 Units in Australia as well, Maps and Program are not a Problem for us. We have Maps from April of this year.

We can advise you on the Install with the HK and the AMPS. I Have the Aerial Extensions and the 17PIN Adapter as well.

Anything we can do to help, Please let me know ! Cheers

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 14:13   #83
obiwan
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 Mk II SE

Thanks Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Anything we can do to help, Please let me know ! Cheers

Sean
Well I want to buy a new head unit for my car (Highline+HK), with everything to be fully operational! So I need everything required to do this. I have read the thread on the Highline/HK install but it has still left me a bit uncertain about retaining the sub and amp functionality.

If you are able to quote me for a unit with everything I need, configured for use in Australia, including postage to Perth then I would be keen to move forward.

Also, do you have a picture of the bluetooth phone GUI on your units?

Thanks for your help.

Ben
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 15:13   #84
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
Thanks Sean.

Well I want to buy a new head unit for my car (Highline+HK), with everything to be fully operational! So I need everything required to do this. I have read the thread on the Highline/HK install but it has still left me a bit uncertain about retaining the sub and amp functionality.

If you are able to quote me for a unit with everything I need, configured for use in Australia, including postage to Perth then I would be keen to move forward.

Also, do you have a picture of the bluetooth phone GUI on your units?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Hi Ben

thanks for the opportunity , For the head unit , In US Dollars, Including transport , payment on Paypal Total would be $499.00 Plus the Adapters I would send from UK Total Price (Aerial Extension and 17 Pin Fitting) Including postage $24.80 So Grand Total With fittings is $523.80

Here is a Video of our Unit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k944wiUbqek

The Bluetooth Interface is at about 2:47

For the Amp, I Can provide you with a Link to instructions on how to set it up.

Hope this Helps

Sean
Old 8th May 2014, 09:06   #85
john.youens
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 SE, MG ZTT 180 SE Monogram, Rover P6 3500S, BMW E34 M5

Question DD Installation in Highline car with HK

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at getting a couple of Android DD Headunits and just want to throw a couple of questions out there.

I have been installing Dynavin and equivalent head units for years into Hi Line BMW's and I'm going to ask you all a daft question.

When i install in a BMW with Hi Line and HK i would us a 5m BMW Fakra Extension Kit, these would cost around £40 and extend the original Hi Line connections from the boot to under the dash, this lets you keep all the HK equipment installed as is for Hi Line units. The HK Amp usually has speaker level input rather than low level so this works perfectly with aftermarket units.

Seeing as my ZT 260 & 190 both have Hi Line systems in and use basically BMW Cabling using this method should make everything work perfectly as it does in the BMW, the only thing i couldn't remove to sell from the car is the Hi Line Harness.

Sorry about the ramble but your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

John
john.youens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 09:59   #86
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.youens View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at getting a couple of Android DD Headunits and just want to throw a couple of questions out there.

I have been installing Dynavin and equivalent head units for years into Hi Line BMW's and I'm going to ask you all a daft question.

When i install in a BMW with Hi Line and HK i would us a 5m BMW Fakra Extension Kit, these would cost around £40 and extend the original Hi Line connections from the boot to under the dash, this lets you keep all the HK equipment installed as is for Hi Line units. The HK Amp usually has speaker level input rather than low level so this works perfectly with aftermarket units.

Seeing as my ZT 260 & 190 both have Hi Line systems in and use basically BMW Cabling using this method should make everything work perfectly as it does in the BMW, the only thing i couldn't remove to sell from the car is the Hi Line Harness.

Cheers

John
I cannot make out from the above, what you are actually trying to ask.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 11:30   #87
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi John

First I want to recruit you as a fitter if possible?
Second we have those cables that are mention below
I never thought about applying them to the 75's as we currently use the BMW Adapter but really as I think about it there are no fakra adapters in the MG R's so they would probably be a bit of a waste. We currently just extend the aerial for the AM/FM . And there are some wires to change for the AMP which Harry and some others kindly worked out a few years ago,

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.youens View Post
Hi Everyone,

Cheers

John
Old 8th May 2014, 12:10   #88
john.youens
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 SE, MG ZTT 180 SE Monogram, Rover P6 3500S, BMW E34 M5

Hi Sean,

Yes we could discuss doing some fitting, my company mainly focus's on IT support now for enterprise customers but i still do Audio installations on a smaller scale.

The Rover has the 17 ping round pin connecters doesn't it?
I have used the converter kit which came with the dynavin before to adapt the Fakra Cable to suit before, basically bypassing the BM24 unit and powering the HK Amp from the head unit or DD in your case it would be.

It would be something that i could work on with you when i get around to doing mine, as in i can sort all the cabling possibilities out to simplify the install on hi-line systems . My 260 is currently in bits so i should be in a position soon to look at options, this is funds depending seeing as i have already spent an arm and leg getting the 260 in the first place and working on it. (Wife gives me that look when i mention spending another 400 pounds ).

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi John

First I want to recruit you as a fitter if possible?
Second we have those cables that are mention below
I never thought about applying them to the 75's as we currently use the BMW Adapter but really as I think about it there are no fakra adapters in the MG R's so they would probably be a bit of a waste. We currently just extend the aerial for the AM/FM . And there are some wires to change for the AMP which Harry and some others kindly worked out a few years ago,

Sean
john.youens is offline   Reply With Quote