Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2007, 10:39   #41
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Frankly guys remember SMC won't be buying this car unless they can make some serious money out of it or because they have bought a 75 and want to deck it out with all the toys from this doner, after all they are a business and pulling cars apart for profit is quite an expensive undertaking as to do it properly takes a lot of time and storage space and to any business time is money.

If you want some of the goodies and also fancy making a bit of profit yourself then do the sensible thing and bid on it yourself, I probably would have bid on it myself as I was also watching it before it was mentioned here but not now it is getting all this publicity!

I still think if it just a clutch then it will go at too high a price that reflects its true repairable prior to resale value.

Think of it along these lines there is probably a maximum of £2000 worth of quick sell parts assuming you don't keep anything for yourself on that car before being left with things that might go one day or you just bin!

it is already at £800 and will probably go for around £1800? then there will be transport costs you need a load lugger and a trailer plus fuel if you also cost your time to collect you are looking at perhaps a £1 a mile

Then you need to strip the car prep all the bits for sale lob them on Ebay or dangle them as carrots here first but either way if you don't cost your time you could easily spend £2000 to get £2000 back.

I have recently done something similar with a Triumph Stag which I bought for £250 fortunately I have the facilities here and the space to dismantle and store parts and I will eventually see a return but I have not fully costed my time based on what I could be earning if say doing some overtime at work, if I did that it would be cheaper to scrap all the bits that I have not kept for my other project.
Old 22nd June 2007, 11:02   #42
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFol View Post
I too would be interested in the sat nav gear / looms and brackets.

I'd also be interested in the FBH as mine seems to have a PCB fault.
John if you are after a Nav system I strongly recommend you find a car with a complete system verify everything still works first and remove all the bits yourself, you will be surprised just how many little odds and sods are involved the car I removed mine from was such a car and I went back to it a second time to get bits I initially though I would not need or missed the first time.

On the first visit I forgot to take the Steering wheel interface and when I got the parcel shelf out of mine I realised all the little push in fasteners and some of the aerial mounting hardware were also going to be needed
Old 22nd June 2007, 13:25   #43
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Monk View Post
What about this one for breaking? Not much detail other than the head gasket gone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-ROVER-75-...QQcmdZViewItem
A bit of info from the seller, 1.8 Classic SE with tax until end of month, No MOT, Mileage is around 76,000, some service history.
Old 26th June 2007, 18:33   #44
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Well should you decide to buy it SMC...

I'd quite like the bullet mirrors

Cheers,

Michael T
Old 26th June 2007, 20:40   #45
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

rob bell will have the cruise loom I'm sure....

bidder 4 looks a bit keen from the bid history! Sad that we cant see the real identities any more... but an interesting bidding profile nonetheless
Old 29th June 2007, 15:32   #46
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

It went for £1122 to a trader by the looks of it

Less than I expected although most car auction that finish at odd times in the week especially near going home time on a Friday rarely seem to rally very well at the end

I suppose it would have just about been worth breaking at that price
I may have bid similar if I had a trailer available
Old 14th August 2007, 22:03   #47
SMC Trading
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

**BUMP**

Still looking for Rover 75 non runners so if anyone comes accross one please let me know
Closed Thread