http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_...m&ubercat=9311
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 08:54   #12
ianM
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5L V6 Saloon; Rover 214i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Also to add the early 2.5/2.0 v6 up to march 2001 (like mine)are currently only £205 a year to tax april 2001 to march 2006 are £245 and april 2006 onwards are over £400. Yes some cars were late registered and fall foul of the later taxation rules!
Thanks for this - that's good to know I was under the impression they all fell under the £400 bracket, but it seems the earlier the better!
ianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 08:56   #13
ianM
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrudragon View Post
Hi Cymrudragon,

The problem I have with gumtree is that everything seems to be a crazily high mileage, whereas I'd prefer something fairly low (20,000s). I do keep hunting around on there though!
Old 18th November 2010, 10:38   #14
ianM
Regular poster

To keep my questions in the same topic, I was hoping someone could possibly point me in the right direction here, please As I mentioned before, I'd prefer the cream leather seats, but most of the things I've found seem to come with the black/grey ones instead.

Could anyone tell me if having the black seats also means the colour of the rest of the interior changes? I know that the door panels are black/grey rather than the cream, but with regards to the centre console and glovebox etc, is that also made out of a darker plastic?
Old 18th November 2010, 11:15   #15
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianM View Post
To keep my questions in the same topic, I was hoping someone could possibly point me in the right direction here, please As I mentioned before, I'd prefer the cream leather seats, but most of the things I've found seem to come with the black/grey ones instead.

Could anyone tell me if having the black seats also means the colour of the rest of the interior changes? I know that the door panels are black/grey rather than the cream, but with regards to the centre console and glovebox etc, is that also made out of a darker plastic?

A nice late one on Pistonheads here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2030854.htm
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 09:55   #16
ianM
Regular poster

Default The search continues...

Just a quick update, as my search is still continuing. I've foolishly missed out on a few great looking ones because I haven't managed to get down to where they are in time - next time one comes up that matches what I want, I think I'll just be dropping everything and setting off.

New year's resolution has to be to find a nice Rover 75 that matches what I want. The idea is to find the best nick, lowest mileage one I can, with the intent of keeping it that way, thanks to the incredibly low mileage it'll be doing here (between 750-1500 a year). I've decided I'm not that fussed about the interior any more - "all" I'm looking for is a car that's in either red, or one of the dark greens, an early, pre-facelift connoisseur SE, that's petrol, manual, with a low mileage (<30k). Fingers crossed I'll find one!

I know it may be a bit cheeky to ask, but if anyone sees any cars that fit the bill advertised locally, it'd be much appreciated if you could forward the link/ad my way. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree, Auto Trader, and eBay on a daily basis, but little's come up over the past six weeks - presumably as everyone's been busy in the run up to Christmas!

Speaking of which - I hope everyone's had a great Christmas, and here's to an even better 2011 - a year where I may finally get my hands on a Rover 75!

@JakeW89 - Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that ad - sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I did have a good look at it, and was actually quite tempted, but decided against it in the end, as it's a facelift model, and an auto - plus, the mileage was a little bit high.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:47   #17
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
Gets stuck in

No job = No Car :(

Good luck with your search, I too am looking for one, but at totally the opposite end of the scale to you! I'm after an ZT Diesel! I'm in the trade, so if something comes up, I'll let you know. If you want to look at this excellent thread by Reebs about trim colours you can see the differences and numbers you want to be looking for. It is possible if you don't like a colour that you can change that. You can always re-colour leather seats. I hope you find what your looking for!

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

The CookieMonster fleet:-
No car anymore unless you can give me a job
I used to own a VW, but I don't like to talk about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 12:19   #18
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

My 75 is for sale. It's done 27000 miles from memory. It's pretty much immaculate. It's in cars for sale.
Old 30th December 2010, 19:13   #19
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Have you checked your pm's Ian?

And no i'm not parting with mine if anyone is wondering :xmas-smiley-031:

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 10:06   #20
ianM
Regular poster

Hi guys,

Thanks again for all the links I've been sent, although I still haven't quite managed to find the right one yet

I've now decided I'm aiming for the British Racing Green (or Arden Green) colour, with the beige interior, manual, petrol, Connoisseur SE spec, preferably a pre-03 reg with sub 35k miles on the clock. I'm not sure if a car like that will even exist any more, but still

Thanks again for all the help - I'll keep looking