Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th August 2018, 17:13   #1
Peckerpecks

Rover 75

Default Mobile fish tank...

Ok then so the 75 Contemporary SE Tourer 06 plate I bought was full of water. Needed my wellies on to drive it. Anyway discovered that the sunroof had previously been taped up. Sorted all the sunroof drains and modified them with the nylon pipe joins and sikaflex. Also chopped the ends off. Both front ones were clogged with at least 2 inch of silt. So lifted all carpets and it’s gradually drying out keep putting towels in squeazing the foam then ringing towel out.
Cleared front plenum drains too. The front mat wells are pretty much dry now including the carpet but the tears are still soaked. I don’t want to be removing the whole carpet ideally I am sure it will dry given time.
However, we’ve recently had some rain again and there’s water appeared in front matwell. Any ideas. Is there anything I’ve missed that’s common for the source of water ingress? Any help would be much appreciated please.
Peckerpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 07:50   #2
Jackstevens98
Loves to post

Rover 75

have you looked at the rear light seals? they can leak and water can run to the front of the car. they are cheap to replace
Jackstevens98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 08:47   #3
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstevens98 View Post
have you looked at the rear light seals? they can leak and water can run to the front of the car. they are cheap to replace
Tourers don't have rear light seals but check door seals and boot seal and the little clips in the scuttle panel, I would still remove the carpet though as it can hold a tremendous amount of water and at least that way its easier to source the leak.
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 09:24   #4
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Just had this! Try the scuttle retaining clips. Theyre the white ones, also possible windscreen if not original. Just tried that with mine Friday so am drying out again and fingers crossed.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 12:47   #5
operamagorum
Loves to post

BMW 330i Touring

A little tip from my Dad when he was teaching me DIY repairs (He was self taught and, of necessity, had to do his own mechanical work)
Anyway.........
Mix up some cornflower and water in a watering can and ensure that it is properly mixed in.
Pour over all the suspected ingress points. When it dries out, you will have a little trail of white where the leak is.

From what I've read here, I think that you will have to remove your carpets and dry them properly.
Good luck
Geoff
operamagorum is offline   Reply With Quote