Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2021, 12:24   #21
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
perhaps airports, ferry ports and rail ports at international departures should be able to access a database to check if the covid passport is valid and genuine.

Civil Liberty supporters please feel free to say why people should travel on fake documentation and why documentation should not be verified.

Now where are my flame proof clothes?

macafee2
Despite all the latest technologies the database has never stopped dodgy MOT’s that can be had in pubs. Database is easier to knobble. After all its all in one place and someone with the right keys has got a wide open door. How many database leaks have there been?
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 12:28   #22
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
The passport surly can only be control if you don't have one?
I totally agree it is your choice not to have the jab, and you have the right to choose what goes into your body, I was purely asking why you don't want the vaccine, what has led you to make that choice?

Not convinced that because you have not got covid, yet that you wont get it, I hope none of us do.

macafee2

Well Ian, the thing for me is.. I was always brought up to question everything, therefore a vaccine that is being promoted by our government will not be going in my arm. It’s all about trust, and I don’t trust them.

Look at the mess they have made of it so far, stay in, eat out, stay in again.

Lockdowns that have been half ar5ed, schools and universities open when workplaces are closed, and to top it all, now a 1% pay rise for ‘our wonderful nhs’

You can clap for them as that doesn’t cost Boris and his cronies anything, but god forbid giving them a half decent pay rise!
Old 7th March 2021, 12:28   #23
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
To me this is all about choice
Am I correct in thinking that it's the countries that we (the great British public) wish to visit that require proof of vaccination..Not the UK government that are saying we have to have one. This is probably because the UK has one of the highest rates of infection and other countries are trying to reduce the risk to their own citizens from the UK variants.Their country their choice..
Another thing that need's to be remembered is that having a vaccination doesn't prevent you from either catching or transmitting Coronavirus (although tests are looking as if transmission is reduced after a vaccination) it reduces your chances of getting seriously ill if you do catch it, in the same way that the flu jab does each year for us oldies.
As for having any vaccination then it is and should be up to the individual to decide if they have it or not. I look at it like this, if I'm exposed to the virus then because I have had the vaccine I'm less likely to catch it and become seriously ill from it than a person who has not been vaccinated, it's their choice whether or not they want to protect themselves from illness I have made my choice and they can make theirs it doesn't make them a bad person, it's the same as wearing a seatbelt or a crash helmet, neither should have become law but should be left to the individual to decide if they wish to stand a greater or lesser chance of surviving an road traffic accident, it makes no difference to the way I live.
I'm having the vaccine because 1/ I'm of an age where it is a benefit to me to stay as healthy as I can. & 2/ I have seen what covid can do in 10 days to my super fit 25 year old grandson, yes he got over it but by his own admission he did wonder a couple of times if he would.
Oh this is making me sound as if I don't care, but I do care but maybe not about the same things as you do..
Cheers and be happy I still love you all, well all except the bloke up the road who never taxes,insures or MOTs his cars because he thinks it's his choice to do so..
I agree with what you say.
If a person does not have the vaccine and gets covid they perhaps become a burden be it mental, physical or financial, on their family, those that look after them, their friends and the government.
We have a choice but there are possible consequences for other people as a result of out choices. Smoking and alcohol are legal and people have a choice if to consume and how much but look at the misery both have caused. My best mate died from drink, he had a choice and he made it, he left a wife asking why, family just asking and friends wishing they had done more.

I hope we are asking for evidence of people being vaccinated before we are allowing them into the country.

As for seatbelt and crash helmet law, if the government did nothing they would have got a slagging off.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 12:33   #24
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Well Ian, the thing for me is.. I was always brought up to question everything, therefore a vaccine that is being promoted by our government will not be going in my arm. It’s all about trust, and I don’t trust them.

Look at the mess they have made of it so far, stay in, eat out, stay in again.

Lockdowns that have been half ar5ed, schools and universities open when workplaces are closed, and to top it all, now a 1% pay rise for ‘our wonderful nhs’

You can clap for them as that doesn’t cost Boris and his cronies anything, but god forbid giving them a half decent pay rise!
The trust, is it trusting the vaccine is safe and does what is claimed that is the problem?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 12:46   #25
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
I agree with what you say.
If a person does not have the vaccine and gets covid they perhaps become a burden be it mental, physical or financial, on their family, those that look after them, their friends and the government.
We have a choice but there are possible consequences for other people as a result of out choices. Smoking and alcohol are legal and people have a choice if to consume and how much but look at the misery both have caused. My best mate died from drink, he had a choice and he made it, he left a wife asking why, family just asking and friends wishing they had done more.

I hope we are asking for evidence of people being vaccinated before we are allowing them into the country.

As for seatbelt and crash helmet law, if the government did nothing they would have got a slagging off.

macafee2

Don’t start me of on crash helmet law, just look up Fred Hill.

Another erosion of freedom of choice.
Old 7th March 2021, 13:54   #26
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It’s a pointless exercise. There are just as many ‘aye’s’ as there are against - ‘nays’. Those of us with long, and critical, experience will inevitably come to different conclusions than others.

With regard to foreign travel let those who want it, do it. Those that view it as an essential necessity, do it. We, I use that advisedly, enjoy a foreign holiday just like so many others. The thought of relaxing and enjoying a meal in a Riviera hot spot cheek to jowl with who knows who that might or might not have had an inoculation is not my, our, idea of an enjoyable experience. That’s one side of it, though only the one.

The other side is made up of a long lifetime of inbred experience and therefore distaste and mistrust of any home based governmental or civil service employee to observe 100% honesty and reliability when it comes to the health of me or mine. When officials can be, er, persuaded, cajoled or forced to follow guidelines through arm twisting by a variety of alternative outcomes, the overriding responsibility is one of caution.

I’ve been there and seen the abject change of opinion that follows a disciplinary (and arguably unrecorded) interview. If you want it, then do it. It’s voluntary. Oh, no, wait a minute, the door to the exit lounge has just been closed.

If this happens we will take it as an advantage to visit the wonderful places our diverse country offers. Old haunts (when first we started 60 years ago and couldn’t afford the luxury of foreign travel) for which we can’t wait. Places we’ve never seen in this glorious land and its provinces while we still can. I’m looking forward to it. That’s for both the renewed experience and the freedom in the fullest sense. It will probably cost more than a foreign holiday for the usual two or three weeks but, wow, it’s worth it. While it lasts, anyway.

I will, by the way, retain my history of never, ever, being inoculated, vaccinated or injected with any mass produced elixir of life, other than living it. Nor will I take part in mass panicked indoctrination that allows, nay encourages, a dramatic intrusion by social blackmail into private lives. What price Magna Carta now.

By the way, just for clarification, other than this honourable organ I have also never, ever, had interest in any social media platform, so none of the above is parroted.
Old 7th March 2021, 14:33   #27
Lovel

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

What next, Scotland to impose ban on English travellers without passport
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 15:39   #28
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

If Burney gets her way certainly.
Old 7th March 2021, 15:50   #29
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Same here, I won’t go anywhere that insists on a vaccine passport.

It’s going to be like North Korea here soon.
Carefull pal,you'll be called a conspiracy theorist next and crazy...
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 15:58   #30
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
I don’t want the jab as it’s my choice, if it’s good enough for me to work through this pandemic with 200 others on a daily basis then I reckon I should be allowed to carry on taking a holiday, or attending a car meet (where I mix with far less people)

And yes, the vaccine passport is just another form of control, therefore another little bit of our freedom that would be taken away.
You may be looking at this the wrong way, the vaccine as well as proof of having it, is in fact enabling you to pursue your 'freedom' to enjoy life doing what you like best, and at the same time protecting others who like you what to carry on with their lives.

Take away vaccination, and antibiotics, and we are back in the 13th century!.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote