Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th February 2020, 17:50   #41
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

I have often been amazed by the level of knowledge available within this club, and realized that certain names kept cropping up in this connection. Brian was invariably amongst them, with a depth of knowledge which started at the the very base of the foundations.

I think we have lost an Engineering Wizard.

Regards

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 18:39   #42
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default A good friend.

The fact is that Brian has done much more than be a man for all reasons, he's been at the front of the queue to help anyone for a long time. I've not seen him (or very much) since the Leyland meet that myself and Denise were at, she's OK by the way apart from a fall last week that broke her collarbone. If trouble with a car is the question, it seemed that Brian has always been the answer here. The club has seen scammers and schemers come and go but, the straight talking, get the job done person has been my friend Brian, I'm proud to call him that and wish him the best in any walk of life he chooses to take. I just hope he remembers I'm hoarding a new gearbox for him yet.....
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 19:17   #43
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

I'm very sad to see him go as well. I always thought he was a nice young man with a helpful attitude.

Best of luck Brian in whatever you chose to do with your life now.

PS. Oh, and thanks for the tips.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 19:58   #44
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Before I joined the forum I was given Brian's number by a guy I worked with who said Brian was a wizard on all things MG / Rover after I bought my ZT.
The car was in lovely condition but wouldn't start the morning after buying it. A call to Brian and he told me it sounded like the in-tank fuel pump and to try putting some diesel in above quarter of a tank which done the trick. I called him back to let him know and thank him and mentioned it was a bit flat performance wise so he offered to come to my home and check it over.
He arrived the following night and plugged his T4 in and let me know the in-tank pump was dead, the Maf was out of spec and it only had the 114 bhp map on it.
He installed the 135 map which made a noticeable difference and recommended I fit a new Bosch maf to get the full benefit as well as replacing the pump otherwise everything else was in good order. I replaced both parts a couple of days later and all was good.
A while later i heard he was working on the 160bhp remap but he said there were a couple of things to iron out before making it available. I was going on holiday and offered to leave my car with him if he needed a guinea pig and promised not to brick it! I dropped it off on the way to the airport next to where he lives and when I returned a week later it had the 160 remap installed and he'd even replaced my broken keyfob.
He wouldn't take a penny and said it was him who was thankful to me for letting him have access to my car. That just sums the man up. Willing to help and give his time up to help so many people over many years. His sense of humour and dry whit which sometimes is picked up wrong or lost in text will be missed on these forums too.
Old 24th February 2020, 20:40   #45
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Brian will be back in one form or another, once an engineer, always an engineer, petrol head, car enthusiast, he wont be able to adopt his pipe and slippers just yet, daytime TV is awful by the way.

Its safe to say cars make memories, they make memories for everyone, even for the lovely women in our lives. He needs to go buy his lovely lady what she wants (a shiny new motor) and get himself a good classic to while away those enjoyable hours, we all need that important man time dont we???

He doesn't want to be putting up flowery curtains and fluffy cushions in his man-cave just yet.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 21:20   #46
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Never met the Gent but read much of him, which was a pleasure.
I would like to wish Brian much luck and enjoyment in whatever venture he follows in the future.
Terry 😃😃😃😃😃😃
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 21:33   #47
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I have met Brian several times over the years and we have have been here before with Brian saying he is leaving. If he needs time out from the club, or there are pressures we can't possibly know about, then he will do what is required. Whatever your decision Brian, all the very best from us
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 21:49   #48
janker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon & MGZT 190

So very sad to Hear Brian has gone,I have never met him but he has helped me on many an occasion,He was a fountain of knowledge and will be sadly missed by all in this club.

Good luck to you Brian in your new adventures whatever it is.

My New Addition
MGZT 190 Trophy Blue 2001 Petrol.
janker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 21:53   #49
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

I can sympathise with Brian’s decision, I would never profess to have his outstanding knowledge, but I too used to do quite a bit to keep member’s cars on the road, more in the practical nuts & bolts sense than his superior diagnostic & witchcraft sense.
I realised a couple of years ago due to other things going on in my life I couldn’t keep up with the demands of my customer base on such a regular basis & I found I just wasn’t having fun any more & had to call it a day.
I’ve watched the same happening to Brian for quite some time, but for all he could see it as well he just couldn’t let go. Finally he has & I bet he feels a huge weight lifted, especially since he has started decluttering. It’s a hard decision to make but once you get over the initial hurdle it feels fantastic.
Brian has helped me massively over the last few years & we have also worked together on quite a few projects, even using my car as a guinea pig on several occasions.
But sometimes the time comes where you have to take a back seat for your own sanity & for your family.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 22:09   #50
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Best wishes with what you do next, Brian. You have clearly been a big help to many on here.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote