Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th February 2008, 14:08   #91
KenF

MG ZT-T CDTi 135

Thanks David,

I'm not able to take the pictures straight away, I'll do it tonight.

Thanks.

Ken
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 15:23   #92
KenF

MG ZT-T CDTi 135

Hi,

Here are the photo's of the various sections (ie: {starting from the boot} TV & radio tuner connections, Sat Nav connections, aerial connections & the 'dashboard' connections).

I hope that they're not too small...

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cTVandRadioTuner.jpg (24.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg cSatNav.jpg (29.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg cAerial.jpg (23.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg cDashboard.jpg (25.3 KB, 53 views)

Ken
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 27th February 2008, 15:35   #93
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

From memeory, it looks about right.......if you compare it to the pictures in Keith How to thread it looks very similar.

The only difference may be the early looms had a connector to the trimble unit that sat on top of the satnav unit.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 18:59   #94
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Yep the smaller black plug is the redundant trimble connector only needed for the MK2
If the loom is for a Tourer it will fit if from a saloon you will need to lengthen certain sections

what is a 361?

Ken I got your PM but I don't do one to ones via email on problems as I don't have anything like the time as some issues can go on for ever.

Last edited by Keith; 27th February 2008 at 19:05..
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 20:56   #95
KenF

MG ZT-T CDTi 135

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

The 361 is "GPS Receiver Unit YWY100361", it was included in a 'job lot' of Sat Nav parts. I just assumed it was for the 75/ZT High Line system.

Really dumb question, but do I need a new GPS reciever unit (I couldn't see one in your 'how to' pictures, but it was listed in your "parts" list ? When I start to dismantle the Low Line system I assume I'll find one already installed ?

Ken
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 27th February 2008, 21:20   #96
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Oh I see, the GPS antenna or receiver as I called it is in the Sharks fin in the Tourer if you have lo line nav you already have one

If you are fitting the MK3/4 unit you will have the rest of the GPS receiver (the trimble) internal to that unit if a mk2 then it uses an external trimble unit.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 17:01   #97
A14CAT

Rover 75 Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by damydyo1 View Post
Hello David,

Please some visuals of:

- the whole loom
- separate connectors to:
* Head unit
* Interface K-bus
* CD changer
* Radio module
* TV-module
* antenna"s
* GPS module
* the two separate wires to C0982 for "ECU-ABS" and "Switch Reverse"

Was this thread usefull for you David, or do you have some questions or suggestions, because I noticed a lot of members have read it but you are the first who is actualy starting it all up?

cheers Ralph
This is my first posting.
Thanks for all of this information, someone should put it into a book. Over the last few months I have been collecting the parts for the retrofit and my Kufatec loom arrived this week. Yesterday I gave everything a connection check from the front seat of the car and the above message on C0982 which was taped back and not attached to anything was crucial in finding the correct cables to make things work. There seems to be two problems :
1. The radio works only on long and medium wave not on FM. It does not find any stations on FM at all. Is this a monitor or aerial problem? My old radio does not have a problem finding stations.
2. The other is to do with the navigation CD which remains in the unit and makes whirring noises constantly.

My current radio is the single din with the flip down face hiding the cassette slot connected to a 6 CD player.
Any thoughts on these problems would be appreciated.
A14CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 21:27   #98
damydyo1
Avid contributor

Rover 75

This is the manual of the Symphony High Line. See page 4 to select wave band FM or AM and let me know what happens.

About the noises from the GPS computer read this thread: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=109
First check if all connections are properly made. Try to shut down the power from the computer carefully regarding this thread and switch it on again. The GPS unit will always make some noise while starting up but after 2 minutes the unit must be stabile in stand by mode. The red LED must light up constantly without flikkering. Try to eject the CD and clean it. If it still doesn't work let me know.

Regards Ralph
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ir04491e.pdf (863.6 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by damydyo1; 29th February 2008 at 21:37..
damydyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 10:34   #99
A14CAT

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks Ralph
I have tried pressing FM and scanning but no stations located even on manual tuning. I am wondering if it is because I have not connected the SMB cable at the back of the radio. Does anyone know what this is for and what you should connect to it? This is not shown on wiring diagrams.

I have followed the threads on the sat nav CD and removed the CD maually and the unit has settled down. The CD won't go back in and I think there may be something wrong with the mechanism. Will explore further.

Another thing on the electrical ISO plug (grey one) I have two wires I cannot work out what they are for in position 1 and 2 (connector C0098). The wiring diagram says that 1 should be the phone mute and 2 the steering wheel remte + but 3 is empty and that should be the steering wheel remote -ve. The remote wires are elsewhere anyway. Any ideas what these are for they are coloured Grey/green and Red/Green?
Thanks
Al
A14CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 17:32   #100
damydyo1
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Al, can you make some visuals I don't understand the type of satnav you have. (high line or low line?) and don't understand the SMB cable. Also your aerial on the radio module (not the head unit) is it connected to the right wire, because there are different aerials in your rear screen. There are two for the TV-module (diversity amp at the left side) and one for the radio module. The aerial for the radio is mounted on the right side of your rear screen, looking from inside out. The radio aerial goes to your dash but must be included in your loom, leading to your boot, where youre radio module will be mounted (high line). If you have a low line, you can simply connect the aerial wire in the head unit coming out from the dash.

Regards Ralph
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TVAerial[1].pdf (932.3 KB, 17 views)
damydyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote