Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2018, 11:29   #8141
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
Decided to fix my slightly leaking number 3 injector, cdti. Managed after much soaking in de gunking fluid, to get it to rotate. Got the puller on it and finally got the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- out. Found out why it was leaking after a good clean out. Some previous owner before me had been in there and done a half assed job, removed the injector and not removed the sealing washer but just shoved another one on top. Seat now recut and injector refitted, all running great, much smoother and better mpg, should I pull and clean the rest is the question?
If there is, by the way, anyone in my area that can't get an injector out, give me a call, it would be a shame just to use the kit I got just to pull one out.
Bill.
PE16 area.
Hi Bill.
They are a lot easier if you get the engine up to temperature first, if you do them cold you will need the puller every time.

When engine is hot use a flat piece of metal on top of the cam cover and you can pry off that to stop damage to the cam cover.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2018, 14:09   #8142
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Changed the handbrake compensator for one of Artic's. Job made difficult because the passenger seat would not move, Regrettably had to cut the carpet over the transmission tunnel to imrove access. Next time I'll take the seats out. (next time refers to my other car)
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2018, 18:58   #8143
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Bill.
They are a lot easier if you get the engine up to temperature first, if you do them cold you will need the puller every time.

When engine is hot use a flat piece of metal on top of the cam cover and you can pry off that to stop damage to the cam cover.

Thanks for that info and the great photos. I bought a full pull anything kit off eBay and plan to use it a lot as I know lots of individuals who work on their own motors.
What do you reckon on me taking all the non leaking injectors out for a clean, or is it better to adopt the, if it aint broke, don't fix it philosophy.
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2018, 19:39   #8144
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Fitted new rear shocks to the Contemporary SE. Old ones were really tired and the difference is noticeable.
A bit mad doing the job in 25 degrees heat but you have to take the opportunity to get it done. Thanks to Super Chip for his tips on the method required. Ended up a nice simple job.
Old 7th May 2018, 14:44   #8145
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Today I was testing a spare fan that had come with my car as the one on the car doesn't work at all, thankfully all it took was dropping the bumper to get access to the wiring by the passenger wheel, just plugged the spare in and gave it a test and all was good!

Saved me £200!

I still have yet to fit it though, not enough hours free today.
P-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 16:52   #8146
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

At last fit two 2.1A 5V sockets and one cigarette lighter one in the arm rest storage on my outdoor John Silver.
Also one socket in the trunk.
We are ready ro cool the beers for the Balkans
Old 7th May 2018, 18:01   #8147
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
Thanks for that info and the great photos. I bought a full pull anything kit off eBay and plan to use it a lot as I know lots of individuals who work on their own motors.
What do you reckon on me taking all the non leaking injectors out for a clean, or is it better to adopt the, if it aint broke, don't fix it philosophy.
Hi Bill.
I would maybe changed the fuel filter, add forte into it or some of this below start car for about 20 seconds leave over night, then the next day drive it like you stole it.

Or you could just drop it into the fuel tank and drive it as you always do, personally I would not disturb the injectors unless it was needed. Arctic

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Comma...72.m2749.l2649
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC14904.jpg (109.8 KB, 20 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 19:16   #8148
Captain Crappycrimp
Gets stuck in

Devil car is dead!

After 6 years looking managed to get the car I should never have sold back, sadly its got a blown engine but I don't care Im going to enjoy returning it to its former glory

2003 Le mans Green MG ZTT 1.8T, 2003 MG ZT CDTI BRG, ZT 190 Typhoon, 2001 Rover 75 1.8 Tourer , 2002 solar red MG ZTT 177, 2005 Silver MG ZTT CDTI, 2001 Trophy Blue MG ZT (Early No 131) 160, 2004 XPG MG ZT CDTI.
2004 MG ZT Ignition Blue MG Press car/Pheonix 4 personal car. Rover 75 CDT top spec Cowley car. 2003 MG ZT 190+ white Gold.

Couldn't save

MG ZT 1.8T XPG 2005 MG ZTT Goodwood Green(Devil car)

MY PROJECT

2004 MG ZTT Diesel auto in disappointing grey.
Captain Crappycrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 21:01   #8149
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadomobile View Post
After 6 years looking managed to get the car I should never have sold back, sadly its got a blown engine but I don't care Im going to enjoy returning it to its former glory
This car deserves this - I'm sure.
Respect for you! Both for the desigion and for the "don't worry be happy" way to do this
Cheers!
Old 8th May 2018, 04:47   #8150
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Bill.
I would maybe changed the fuel filter, add forte into it or some of this below start car for about 20 seconds leave over night, then the next day drive it like you stole it.

Or you could just drop it into the fuel tank and drive it as you always do, personally I would not disturb the injectors unless it was needed. Arctic

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Comma...72.m2749.l2649
That's what I was thinking. Will get me some of that and fill up the tank, a fuel filter wouldn't go amiss either I suppose, servicing time is coming up soon with 203,000 on the clock.
Thanks.
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote