Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th December 2019, 18:58   #1
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Default Rover 75 CDTi Tourer 2004 coolant

Well, shortly after the MoT that followed the £1k plus of work to get the Rover on the road again, the water pump packed up.

At the time I didn't have undercover access and got the garage that's been doing cars for me for 30 plus years to do the job. They had a supplier problem when the supplied pump and thermostat housing didn't match but all good re-supplied and fitted. Kept an eye on the coolant in case of airlocks and couple of top ups, small quantities and all good. Only 200 miles or so done and I did the HPFP, hydramount and nearside wheel bearing so in total only about 350/400 miles since the water pump.

This morning, the coolant was down. Half a small coke bottle(!) so probably that's only 0.25 of a litre. Nothing creamy on disptick or smelly at the filler.

Warming up at about the speed you'd expect and after left idling for 30 minutes nice and steady at 9 0'clock on the dial, which is where it sits all the time. Idles at about 600rpm and steady as a rock. Nothing out of the exhaust (of any description, runs really clean).

I've a lot of miles to do over the Christmas break, Leominster and Scotland, and it's easy to get nervous. I'm thinking of a new cap for the expansion tank.

JohnnyBG

PS changing the gearbox oil very soon, just got MTF94 from Smith & Allan at Darlington, £14 summat for 5 litres). 8mm allen key to get.
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote