Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th May 2009, 08:06   #1
Berty Bass
Regular poster

2003 Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur Saloon

Default Replacement CD Auto Changer for 75 Connoisseur?

Hi there,

I've recently bought a 75 Connoisseur CDT 2.0 auto on a 53 plate and came across this forum - looks like a very informative place! I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.

I'm really happy with the 75, though there are a couple of niggles which only became apparent after I collected the car, but which the seller is trying to sort out for me. One is that the seat (back) tilt button on the driver's seat is not working. The second is that the CD auto changer seems to have been removed (unless it was never supplied, of course). Whilst the seller is going to see if he's got another he can retro-fit I'm wondering what unit I should be looking for if he can't supply one. There seems to be a number of 6 CD auto changers that are on ebay but I'm unsure whether any of them would be compatible.

Does anyone know which make/model of auto chager I'd need to replace the original, missing unit? It need not be like-for-like but simply a unit that would be compatible. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark

P.S. Apologies to the Mod if this should have gone in the Tech Forum, btw. Please move it if that's the case.

Last edited by Berty Bass; 30th May 2009 at 08:16..
Berty Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 15:49   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi Mark, Welcome. sorry for delay in reply.

The cd player would usually have been located in the glove compartment. Under the glove comp there is a drop down panel and there you should fine the lead that went to the cd player.

depending on what head unit you have will determine the connector to the CD unit IIRC.

If you can find the plug and take a photo I can help further. Other members will have a greater knowlage of models and CD fitted.

HTH

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 31st May 2009 at 17:37..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 08:43   #3
Berty Bass
Regular poster

Thanks for that. We're staying with family for the weekend so when I get back I'll take a photo of the lead.

Many thanks,

Mark
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:40   #4
Berty Bass
Regular poster

Okay, back again. Please see below for images of (what I take to be) the connector, the control unit and fascia and another of the other bit of gubbins in the compartment where the connector was located.

All I really want to do is find a compatible, replacement auto changer, so any advice would be most welcome. There's a few units on ebay at present so I'd really like to know if any of them would work so I can bid on them. I assume the original unit would have been fixed inside the glove compartment in some way. If a replacement will operate fine without being fixed I'm happy but if there's a way that someone as inept as I could fix it as it originally was I'd be much obliged for the 'head's up'.

Many thanks,

Mark
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:52   #5
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

Mark
I have a changer, the required lead and a superior symphony head unit doing nothing. I can look them out if you're interested.

Cheers
Bluey
bluey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:08   #6
Berty Bass
Regular poster

Thanks, Bluey, that would be great. What's the head unit I've got then, and how does the Symphony differ? Also, would it be an easy enough job for someone like me to change them - bearing in mind I'm pretty inexperienced at this sort of thing? Would the Symphony unit also work with the existing steering wheel controls and does it still have the cassette deck too? Sorry for all the questions - I've only had the car for week or so, so I'm really not up to speed on differences in specs/models etc.

Many thanks,

Mark
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:19   #7
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

There are a few threads on here on the different types of head unit. Yours is a harmony, the lowest spec unit. Symphony is one up from it. I got a single din adaptor and fitted a bluetooth, mp3, sd card unit.I'm not the best with these things and I found it easy thanks to the info ion here. I'll look out the units tomorrow and send you a PM.

Cheers
Bluey
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:57   #8
Berty Bass
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey9 View Post
There are a few threads on here on the different types of head unit. Yours is a harmony, the lowest spec unit. Symphony is one up from it. I got a single din adaptor and fitted a bluetooth, mp3, sd card unit.I'm not the best with these things and I found it easy thanks to the info ion here. I'll look out the units tomorrow and send you a PM.

Cheers
Bluey
Much appreciated, Bluey.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:10   #9
bluey9
Banned

Found a thread on the difference between the two units:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...light=symphony

Had a look in cupboard and found the kit I have. It's the symphony unit, loom and changer. All in as new condition. I bought them new and had them installed for about 6 months.

Bluey