Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2016, 10:19   #21
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTeeTee View Post
So the remaps mentioned,do they actually work? I saw one firm saying the remap would take it to 220BHP? That being the same as the Sprintex Supercharger?
I dont think a remap on a base stock kv6 would render much use, coupled with your intake mods, manifold and full exhaust it might open up a few extra ponies and maybe change overall power band but i cant see it doing a great deal.

The sprintex as Gary said (Creator of the Mk2 weapon below) he had a 180 ZS running 280bhp with the sprintex on.
There is a video of it doing the ring in a reasonably quick time actually, i'd love a charger but its never going to happen.
I'd have more luck with hens teeth.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 16:14   #22
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Honda Fwiend!!!

I love my ATR, best car i've ever had... had her 7yrs and she's had two shells and about 5 engines.
One was going to be a turbo but i gave up.

The only reason i want to stick with the LPG is i work away in Barrow in furness.
The B5 diesel is in use by the missus as shes having to sell her Mazda 6 MPS due to her job moving her 40 miles away, so she needs something economical for work and i needed something economical to come over here with, but i was a bit bored of the diesel noise, it just isnt for me as good as they are im a petrolhead through and through, so the 190 on LPG came up i couldnt get down to buy it quick enough!!

I was orginally coming over in the RS6 but after a while i really got sick of putting miles on and doing 15mpg average.
Plus its no fun, you dont get to enjoy the car at all because the road is utter rubbish.
Its how my MG love started actually, bought a K1.8 ZT for £400 as it was just round the corner from our house and i thought ideal runabout never ever looked at MG's or Rovers till that day, it was a mk2 in amazing condition and only 64k on the clock.
Drove great, but it was HORRENDOUSLY slow that was to come over to and from here to save cash.
but because you were flat out all the time it was bad on fuel, i fixed a few issues on it, and decided they were really easy and quite enjoyable to work on.

So found a diesel this required much TLC and then came all the upgrades 190 brakes, mk2 seats, braided lines, egr blank etc etc, then liked them so much i kinda went a bit mad, had 5 and 2 breakers at one point.
a Solar red 190 Mk1
Anthracite 190 Mk1
XPG 190 Mk2
Trophy Blue CDTi Mk1
Trophy blue Tourer CDTi Mk1
Starlight Silver Tourer CDTi Mk1
Trophy blue 190 Mk1

And now this mk2 190 SE on LPG.

This ones a keeper though as it truly has got everything.

Probably end up with a few more over the years as I really want to try a 1.8t before I throw the towel in, but I wont ever be parting with this mk2.

Few pics of them dotted around here.

So do I love Honda's.

Mine was a 1996 5th Gen Accord 2.0iES automatic in pearl black.
I had her for 12 yrs.

The model after I have found to be too small for me as I'm a big guy, 6' 5", but I do like the 2003 model.

If I fall out of love with the MG or I get sick of spending money on it, I will go back to having another Accord. I fancy the 2.4 exec and would go for the estate, not that I need the room as it's only for me but I do like the extra load space.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 16:20   #23
Dubya
Loves to post

2005 MG ZT-T+ V6 190

My wife has a 7th gen 2006 Accord 2.2 i-ctdi Executive Tourer. It's a fabulous car, comfy, reliable, huge amount of loadsapce and all the bells and whistles. And that engine!!! Plant your foot in any gear and she pulls like a train, my 190 wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance against it!!!

Last edited by Dubya; 28th July 2016 at 16:21.. Reason: Spelling!!!
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 16:55   #24
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
So do I love Honda's.

Mine was a 1996 5th Gen Accord 2.0iES automatic in pearl black.
I had her for 12 yrs.

The model after I have found to be too small for me as I'm a big guy, 6' 5", but I do like the 2003 model.

If I fall out of love with the MG or I get sick of spending money on it, I will go back to having another Accord. I fancy the 2.4 exec and would go for the estate, not that I need the room as it's only for me but I do like the extra load space.
Accords are lovely cars.. i did have a 2003 2.4 exec but had the sport kit on it too so best of both worlds.
Was a lovely car but my most unluckiest, i had 3 incidents in 3 months, a micra crashed into me.... i drowned it in a river and finally was wrote off by a fiesta st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya View Post
My wife has a 7th gen 2006 Accord 2.2 i-ctdi Executive Tourer. It's a fabulous car, comfy, reliable, huge amount of loadsapce and all the bells and whistles. And that engine!!! Plant your foot in any gear and she pulls like a train, my 190 wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance against it!!!
The 7th gens are lovely cars i really am fond of the looks, firstly i wasnt but they look mean and i'd have one just for the tech and comfort, out my price range for a work barge though.
The 190 i have is brilliant certainly fell in love with this one more than any other i've had!
Old 28th July 2016, 17:04   #25
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Accords are lovely cars.. i did have a 2003 2.4 exec but had the sport kit on it too so best of both worlds.
Was a lovely car but my most unluckiest, i had 3 incidents in 3 months, a micra crashed into me.... i drowned it in a river and finally was wrote off by a fiesta st.

The 7th gens are lovely cars i really am fond of the looks, firstly i wasnt but they look mean and i'd have one just for the tech and comfort, out my price range for a work barge though.
The 190 i have is brilliant certainly fell in love with this one more than any other i've had!
I have the MG ZT-T CDTi Auto as my daily driver and goes like doodah off a shovel.
It is very quiet for a diesel and I can't believe I actually bought a diesel as I have always had petrol fueled cars but this one has changed my attitude towards the tractor.
I have also been looking for 2.5V6 myself but it has to be an automatic as I cannot drive a manual anymore.
Some say they are really good, others have said to stay well clear of them.
But driving one for the first time will be the proof I need.

I like the V8's but prefer the MG version except they are manual only which is a shame.
Old 28th July 2016, 17:09   #26
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
I have the MG ZT-T CDTi Auto as my daily driver and goes like doodah off a shovel.
It is very quiet for a diesel and I can't believe I actually bought a diesel as I have always had petrol fueled cars but this one has changed my attitude towards the tractor.
I have also been looking for 2.5V6 myself but it has to be an automatic as I cannot drive a manual anymore.
Some say they are really good, others have said to stay well clear of them.
But driving one for the first time will be the proof I need.

I like the V8's but prefer the MG version except they are manual only which is a shame.
Theres a lovely one in the classified section.. its a R75 but its a beautiful example and only £800
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=245935

Debated it myself but wanted a manual.
Old 28th July 2016, 17:12   #27
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Theres a lovely one in the classified section.. its a R75 but its a beautiful example and only £800
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=245935

Debated it myself but wanted a manual.
I have seen that one, only the mileage put me off at 147k.
Old 28th July 2016, 17:15   #28
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Granted but if its been looked after i really wouldnt worry too much mate... my B5 Tdi has done 226k miles and still pulls past my 190.

My 190 has done 96k but one of the Trophy blue ones i had was on 135k and it felt just as nice as this one engine wise, nothing compares to this mk2 as a whole.
I then had one on just 75k the XPG mk2 190 and that was ruined! rattly manifold, clutch/master/no history.. no belts etc.
If its all been gentle miles (which it will be in an auto) then milliage is just a number.
I'd rather buy a higher millage car thats been cared for then one thats got 60k and only been to the shops and back.
Thats just me of course everyone's different! i dont complain it means i get second hand cars for buttons.
The old Saab i had was on 165k and i tuned that to well over 300bhp before i swapped the engine over for a stronger one to push 400+ and it never missed a beat.
Old 28th July 2016, 19:53   #29
Mgt16
Trader

Mg zt-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
300 Bhopal?? you don't work for Union Carbide by any chance?

Seriously though, the 190 KV6 is a fragile engine not particularly suited to huge amounts of tuning, and TBH you are always going to be disappointed after the torque delivery of the diesel.

If you want all out mid range grunt in a petrol ZT, you'd be better off, and I hesitate to say this, buying a 260

Why not save the money spent on a fruitless V6 engine build and just get a V8

Brian
Why do you doubt it? Strengthen the engine and add forced induction I recon it'd be pretty easy trouble is for the costs involved I doubt either of us will ever be proved right lol personally money no option I'd love a twin turbo v6 zt but again my pockets aren't that deep and as mentioned the v8 would work out cheaper and more reliable
Mgt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 19:54   #30
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Quote:
I have sent the Prof a pm as I cannot comment on that thread. Hopefully he might see this and look towards the top left!!!!
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote