Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2013, 23:13   #1
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Default "Best of British" Magazine...

Don't know if any of you read the Magazine here, but my Auntie wrote a feature that was published last year, I have a Photocopy of the Article printed, but thought I would share a couple of Pictures...

My Father, whom the article was about, served in the Royal Signal Corps, he loved Motorbikes, something which I don't share with him, although I do share his love for Sports Cars (Yh I know a 75 ain't a Sports car, though I am sure he would have loved an MG ZT ) During his life, he owned many Motorcycles, I believe the ones pictured are Douglas bikes? Though I may be wrong He also had a Morris Minor, Ford Zephyr (why?), Sunbeam Rapier and MGb Roadster to name a few

He passed away in 1972, I was 3 years old, so I never knew him. Strange though, as my Mother is always saying how much I am like him as are (where) my Brothers.

Anyhow, if anyone recognises the Photo's from the Articles, That's my Dad !!!

Centre is my old fella

Showing off a bit methinks

The really sad crappy thing about this is, they are the only pictures I have of him...........We had a big box full of Photos and they have been lost over time

Anyway, just stumbled across these pics, forgot I had them and thought I would share.......