Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th April 2017, 16:42   #1
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts
Default Mushroom....

I swear I have just found a mushroom growing in the new Cowley car! It was so eww I cleaned it out before thinking about taking a pic

On the way home with the car I heard water sloshing, and instantly thought plenums. As soon as I could, I've been out and sure enough, despite the bit of dry weather we've had, the plenum was really high! From the state of the pollen filter, its actually been even higher!

I've quickly rodded it, but then realized because it didn't have a sunroof, I only checked the boot for water, not the footwells. Ooops...

The poor car is soaking wet through! I took out the rear mat and there it was, I swear a mushroom, or some sort of fungas at least growing happily!

I've hoovered what I can out and left the doors open for it to air. At some point the carpet ought to come out with this level of water, but for now its a start! Thank goodness I bought it and stopped any more ingress!

Water level checked after the trip home and all fine, but noticed I also need a front indicator lens, or unit, however they come together, the interior light needs two bulbs, and one of the rear black door sections has a bit of damage, so I will replace at some point.

All in all, still very happy. One of my neighbors is in love with it, and the one who looks after my dogs wanted to know if I'm doing weddings lol!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 19:26   #2
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I thought I needed new interior light bulbs but it was just bad connections. only found out when I went to install LED bulbs.........
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 19:36   #3
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I'll have a better look at the weekend when I have extra days. Its hard with work and hospital visiting to pull car time in!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote