Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th August 2018, 07:05   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Redfive's mini tour up to .................

.......................................... London starts tomorrow. Yes, the mini tours are back on the menu.

I have a pre-arranged event to attend, was booked and paid for before I moved. We are off to our annual visit to the Flying Proms at the Shuttleworth Collection. I'm attending with members from the North London MG Club. I hope to post this event up next year on the events page and get a crowd from here to attend. Cracking day out. The museum is shut to the general public for this event.

Plus I have an appointment with my solicitor, the one dealing with the sale of my flat, to try and get it sorted out. It seems now that the buyers and their solicitors are not communicating with one and other. Then I'll drop into the flat as there are a few bits to collect.
I'm staying at my brother in laws in North London, so Redfive will be able to park on the driveway, if we can find it amongst the weeds.

Going to be seeing my old neighbour's whilst up in London.
Friday see's me travelling further up country to visit my god daughter, not see her since before last Christmas, and her family.

I have two guests returning with me when I return home on Sunday/Monday. They are coming down for a few days. And they are Emma and her mum Ann.

So Redfive has had a wash. Tyre pressures have been checked, along with oil, water and screen wash. Just need to get some go go juice tomorrow on our way out.
Usual route up till the M25.
A38-M5-M4-Car Park-A1 down as far as Mill Hill then turning off towards Totteridge and Michaels mansion amongst the weeds.

Don't forget to wave, toot or flash those restored lights should you see us. We will be cruising at Warp Factor 3 where it's legal to do so.

I'll keep the diary running as I know we have lots of followers.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 14th August 2018 at 07:06.. Reason: Predictive text being a pain
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 18:45   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Bought go go juice in England...............................

.................................................. .... Anywhere over the bridge from Kernow is either known as the Dark Side or England.

We had an early start from Saltash, I had a plan, so once Redfive's tank was replenished we was off. Grey and overcast as we roared up the A38. Once clear of the roadworks we was able to trickle back up to Warp Factor 3. Traffic was light. Slowly catching up on a Falcon coach, I wonder if that was my friend Debbie's coach. As I pulled up alongside I glanced up into the driver's side mirror and it certainly looked like her. Once past I glanced in my rear view mirror and I'm pretty sure it was Debbie. I did flick the hazards on for one flash but not sure if she saw me or even recognised the car, had it been Banana then yes.

There's a lovely winding section on the A38 as you go up Haldon Hill, there are warning lights letting you know about the S bends but Redfive just stuck to the road and we was able to keep to Warp Factor 3, even shot past a Porsche Turbo. Up past the Route 5 diner and down towards the M5.
Once past Exeter it started to drizzle. And that was how it stayed all the way to Bristol.

I had heard on the music box thingy that there was a hold up on the M4 London bound. Accident involving a couple of cars plus there seemed to be all sorts of problems on the "car park", nothing new there then. We passed a "Y" reg 75 in Wedgewood Blue. Traffic was running well and the sun was coming out, but not for long. We got as far as Membury services for it was time to stop for a wee wee. I decided on a sandwich and a drink, before setting off again. Thought I was going to have to get a mortgage out to pay for it.

Once rested we was off again. Just by junction 11 there appeared to be a huge plume of smoke, brake lights coming on and everyone was filtering over into the outside lane. A fire engine with blues and two's hurtled past me. He joined another one trying to put out a lorry on fire. The cab was well alight. The driver was out and leaning on the back of the police car which was parked across the lanes. Looked a fierce fire.

Soon past and back up to Warp Factor 3 and gradually approaching the dreaded M25 turn off. Into the slip lane but there appeared to be no traffic, no it's a mirage surely but no. We sailed straight onto the slip for the car park, no variable speed limit. Must be our welcome back package. In fact the only time I slowed down was between junction 26 & 27, and that was for roadworks.
I originally was going to drive straight to Michaels but I decided to go straight to Barkingside, for I had a plan.

When Allen and I went to collect Banana from North London back in June we popped into the flat. Then we went into my local bank to let them know I was moving. Next we stopped at the doctors and chemist and told them about the move. The last place was at the solicitors where we met another forum member, Tracker.
Now back in Saltash I registered with the doctors and chemist.
But last week I got a text message from the chemist in Barkingside telling me my prescription was ready. Daft or what.

So that was my plan to to and collect my 'appy pills, visit the flat and collect a couple of bits. Plus I had with me all the keys to the flat so I thought I would drop them off at the estate agents. Got to the flat and waited for the tears to flow, nothing happened. No feelings, no tears. Felt sorry for the garden looking very overgrown. Collected some post, left some paperwork I had found relating to the flat. Collected the few bits I wanted and left. Dropped the keys off and had a chat with Ruth.

Soon back on the A406 and heading for Michaels. When I got there his car was missing, and so was most of the weeds. Well, at least Redfive would not look so lost. As I reversed in my neice came to the door. With a welcomed hug and my cases in we settled down for a chat and a nice cuppa. She said that Michael had gone shopping for some extra bits. She then told me that she had lost her job at the exclusive jewellers, they make stuff for our Royals.

She had a few tears explaining to me what had happened, usual reasons. The jewellery trade was in the doldrums. And last in, first out. She is gutted but is bouncing back by applying for jobs. Anything will do within reason and no further than 500yds from her front door.
Michael was soon home, do more tea was made.
Then we three repaired to the 'Orange Tree', a local watering hole, for food and a beer or two. And what did I drink? Orchard Cider from Duloe in Cornwall. Strange!

Now back at Michaels chillin' with a cup of splosh.

Redfive covered 288 miles without any fuss. According to the onboard computer we was averaging 57.8mpg at a steady 58mph, average of course.

Easy day tomorrow for me. Going to catch up with some neighbour's in Barkingside.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 15th August 2018 at 18:47.. Reason: Spellin'
Old 15th August 2018, 19:13   #3
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

We probably crossed paths today mate ...Started in Romford this morning then round M25 to Uxbridge.
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 04:46   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Bob, we visited Ayot St Lawrence off the A1 yesterday for a walk along the bridle way and later on drove past the Orange Tree late afternoon. I didn’t hear back from you about meeting up for a coffee here or at the tree. No worries, have a great day. Today we are Westminster Abbey
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 07:27   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Bob, we visited Ayot St Lawrence off the A1 yesterday for a walk along the bridle way and later on drove past the Orange Tree late afternoon. I didn’t hear back from you about meeting up for a coffee here or at the tree. No worries, have a great day. Today we are Westminster Abbey
The visit to the Orange Tree was not planned but Michael said that their cooking was better than his. Today I'm mainly in and around Barkingside. Tomorrow I'll be up in Earls Colne, Saturday see's me at the Shuttleworth Collection with the North London MG Club. Sunday not sure about, was hoping to return to Saltash but that may get put back to Monday. So I might be around on Sunday, once I know I'll let you know.

Had a cracking nights sleep last night. Michael has gone to work this morning, Laura is fast asleep. That means I'm off to find somewhere that sells a decent breakfast. Got some business to sort out then I'll be catching up with friends and my old neighbours in Barkingside. Might go and see my cousin who lives in Hackney East London, will have to get the train as parking is a no no.

And it's raining, but London rain is different to Cornish rain.

onen hag oll
Old 16th August 2018, 10:55   #6
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

What's the difference between London rain and Cornish rain?

Both make you wet, don't they.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 11:17   #7
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post

Cornish rain tastes like apples
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 11:41   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post

London rain is dirtier with so much pollution, Cornish rain is cleaner. Yes they both get you wet but I would rather have the Cornish rain.

onen hag oll
Old 16th August 2018, 16:38   #9
cengar
Loves to post

rover 75 saloon cdti

Cornish rain is warmer
cengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 17:43   #10
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Evening Bob, how did your plans go today? Sunday, we are visiting Malden, a photography club meet I arranged ages ago. So not to worry about meeting up this time. You look as though you have a busy schedule
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote