Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th September 2020, 12:53   #31
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

“Constant state of fear and mistrust”? I never stop laughing at the gullibility of my fellow man, in a non-patronising and kindly way, of course. I hasten to add.

And thanks for the thoughts regarding the well-being of those that remain free of the illness that mainly affects, by a large margin, the over 80’s!

It’s encouraging to learn of the generosity of spirit that manages to prevail, even in the face of the massive ill-health of thousands of others, with as yet untold hundreds of thousands of others. Far more than those affected by this disease by a long way.

I can assure doubters that there is no dilution of humanity or herd mentality in having an independent mind and celebrating that independence by asserting it, in a quietly respectful and responsible manner of course.
Old 26th September 2020, 13:07   #32
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I've always got my Bluetooth and WiFi on. As I say no noticeable change in performance or endurance
Thank you. I do not have bluetooth enabled nor location services enabled. It originally stemmed from my first smart phone. Having these features enabled, meant the battery would not last a day. Even if it was not used at all.

But now I switch the functions off, as I do not use them, and the functions are not good value for me. It is the same with computer program or OS features. If I install new program or OS, I switch off some running services that I do not use, as it robs some of the RAM that I paid to be able to use, therefore did not present value for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a track and trace app to me is a flawed consideration. It is better than nothing though, in terms of research and realistically monitoring its outbreak and spread. The app will not stop its spread. The people who have the app, will be conscientious anyway. If they present symptoms, they would self isolate, and be considerate of others, even without an app. Which is how it should be. The time between their coming into contact with someone with the virus, that person getting tested, and the app contacting those who were in contact during the last two weeks, means you will have started to show symptoms, if you came into contact.

The ones who refuse the app because they believe it to be a method of the govt. to track their movements, ending their belief that we live in a free society, are the ones who are likely to believe that this is just a flu, or a cold. Or they believe it is a man made virus released on society to 'bring it under control', and the app is just the next stage of this. They will not self isolate for consideration of others but rather because they feel awful. They will recover, which reinforces their belief that 'it is just a flu' Which in fairness it is, but one we do not currently have control of - but the flu is not the cold, which is what most people have when they say they have the flu.

I am of the belief from the (only a few) journals I have read, that is no more dangerous than an untreated flu (which is just as dangerous to those vulnerable to Covid). That may read as being flippant, but it isnt meant to be, as the flu untreated or vaccinated against is extremely dangerous. If I have a heavy cold, or flu like symptoms, I self isolate anyway, and this is what I think people should be doing. It took until the nineties for an adequate vaccine to reduce the effects of the flu on the global population. Until then, 100's of thousands of people died (unnecessarily) annually as a result of contracting the flu - like Covid, HIV, and other viruses, you do not die from it directly, you die from something else that would normally be benign, due to the effect the virus has had on your immune system.

Covid like AIDS/HIV are/were new ways for people to die, on top of the likes of flu etc. Having a vaccine will reduce this unnecessary death. Having a track and trace app will not stop this, as I mentioned, those that are considerate (which I like to consider myself) will self isolate, those that are inconsiderate or in denial, will not until they feel too bad to go outside, with or without an app on their phone.

It is the attitude of the virus and the consideration of others, that causes the problems. An app unfortunately, will not change that. If it would, I would ignore the value of my battery life (which is selfish and petty on the grand scale of things), and have it. If I could be convinced otherwise I would be happy to install it.

Oh, I do mask up, when in enclosed or crowded public spaces.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 26th September 2020 at 13:16..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 14:00   #33
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

If this is true??? Shambles

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ggest-12082178

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 26th September 2020 at 19:39..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 14:36   #34
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

No idea if it's actually true but sounds about right for a Govt computer system.

Andy
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 16:08   #35
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I think the problem is computors can do many things and consequently someone says "we can get the computor to do that" so away they go. Doesnt solve the problem because in this instance the problem is us humans and we can be relied on to do the right thing or the wrong thing regardless of the computor. Like the mans said- just keep washing your hands and wear a mask when needed. Ive got a Nokia 6301 so I expect a midnight knock- but it will no doubt be at 3.40p.m. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 16:46   #36
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Further to my last I have just read the flyer around the Daily Mail about this APP- Regardless of any "Big Government"alarms if someone had been given the task of concocting the form and content of a message to alarm and dismay the population this would have won top prize. And because of the saturation of iPhones in the country that will be very many millions. They must be mad, bl--dy demented. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 18:52   #37
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

No Christopher, merely incompetent. It's absolutely embarrassing that we (they) can't even get that right. What hope for confidentiality now?
Will somebody please get a grip? Not for the first time, I smell a rat.
Old 26th September 2020, 18:58   #38
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

From the people who brought you the ferry company with no ferries at £96m, the wrong type of satellites at £400m and the wrong type of PPE at hundreds of millions:

‘Shambles as NHS Covid-19 app can't accept test results from NHS hospitals‘
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 21:36   #39
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

What if we have been told exactly what the data is being used for? You would need time for that proof to be 'proven' but without giving it time, you cannot gain the proof.

It is just a thought............... From past experience, I do agree, to question everything, but there has to be a limit before conspiracy theorists take over, and the idiots run the world (hmmm that may have already started).

Old 26th September 2020, 23:18   #40
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

All of the data that would be useful to criminal elements, is already given by you (banking etc). The government will already have access to it. They can if they wished to, trace the majority of your movements, number plate recognition, phone signal, card payments, internet usage, electricity demand, even posts on here. The track and trace, just leaves a shorter paper trail back to them lol.

For me, my data protection is against criminal elements. I see no restrictions coming from the govt having it, that they would not already enforce via legislation. Speeding or benefit frauds would be the big ones for the majority I would suggest. Both of those affect us all negatively so preventing it surely would beneficial?