Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th September 2018, 17:45   #41
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Yes, you implied you were a better driver and thought you had a nicer car than the person driving a Skoda. To be honest you were probably holding them up and they didn't really care what car you were driving
Let me see , better driver- YES , nicer car -YES , holding them up- i wouldnt call a fiver car gap holding them up so thats a NO , i dont know if he cared what car i was driving , i didnt think to ask . What car do you drive ? Your stats say that its a Rover 45 .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 21:53   #42
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
Let me see , better driver- YES , nicer car -YES , holding them up- i wouldnt call a fiver car gap holding them up so thats a NO , i dont know if he cared what car i was driving , i didnt think to ask . What car do you drive ? Your stats say that its a Rover 45 .

Yes and? Circumstances dictate that I am currently driving a Rover 45. I could take any Dacia Stepway that holds me up however

You have an Rover 75 with firmer suspension and a spoiler , awesome, enjoy it!
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 22:09   #43
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

There is also possibly a post on a Skoda forum somewhere along these lines;

"there I was, driving along minding my own business when this guy in an old Rover decided he wanted a race, I had junior in the car and this guy was all over the road trying to keep in front so I backed off, we got to a bit of dual carriageway so I overtook him just to get out of his way........"

mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 06:06   #44
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Yes and? Circumstances dictate that I am currently driving a Rover 45. I could take any Dacia Stepway that holds me up however

You have an Rover 75 with firmer suspension and a spoiler , awesome, enjoy it!
Is it something that iv said ? I think you should calm down , count to ten and get to bed early .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 17:25   #45
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
Yes your right he was a great deal faster than me with a newer , lighter and more of a modern car . He just got a little miffed that i was driving the bends better than him as i drive them every day and i know the optimal entry and exit points . So in order for him to feel good as soon as we hit a straight he mashed the peddle , theres no skill in that anyone can do it . I have the same problem as LotusLc , they see the trophy blue and the spoiler and they must overtake . He didnt know that all i have is 160 bh he just had to get by and i probably made his day and gave him something to tell his work mates. I can go home switch off the V6 , climb out and look back at my MG ZT and think "mmmm what a lovely looking car " which is something that he cant do . When was the last time you heard someone say "mmmm thats a lovely looking Skoda " . Lets just face it its just a Skoda .
Much as I like old British cars, 75s included I think Skoda are building some very desirable cars, an Octavia VRS Estate or a Superb 4x4 Scout both really nice. We run fleets of Octavias and Superbs in work and they are just that - Superb!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 02:09   #46
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Back in 1989 I bought a new Skoda 135i (Estelle) They were a very uncommon car here in Canada and frankly I only bought it because it was cheap, and the baby seat wouldn't fit in my mini 1000. The Skoda turned out to be a great car. We had it for six years and absolutely nothing went wrong with it. It wasn't just our family car but I took it out and thrashed it on winter rallies through British Columbia. It never missed a beat. My wife didn't like the cabin noise (I didn't tell her I had installed headers and a free flow exhaust and intake )
The only reason I sold it was due to the VW takeover in 1995. Overnight the Canadian distributor and all the dealers were told no more cars, no more parts, no more support by VW. They were well and truly shafted. The new Favorit had just passed Canadian type approval but was never sold here.
To this day I wouldn't buy a VAG car because of it.
That said, if I could find a decent Skoda 135 (I believe there are currently only two on the road in Canada) I would buy it in a minute....If I don't manage a ZT before!

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 20th September 2018 at 02:16..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 07:13   #47
oxfordblue75
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8T

I had a 1985 skoda 120ls, It was the car where I learnt about handling and control, brilliant with its porsche 911 mechanical set up (rear engine rear wheel drive), just kept a bag of sand in the front luggage compartment and it was beautifully balanced.
oxfordblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 22:54   #48
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

I had a 1.3 Austin Montego, naturally aspirated and complete with oil-burner engine and a rear fog machine built in.
I can honesty say the only thing I ever overtook were parked cars. I didn't hold anyone up however, because they couldn't see the road for the fog machine of my exhaust so they couldn't overtake.
The other thing about that car was the way it handled. You could throw it into a corner, and it just held the line. It was invariably the wrong line with lots of wobble, weave and roll, and anything over 30 was risking complete collapse. I once got it to wheelspin. Going uphill, in snow.
I did, however, love that car.
Beat that, Skoda!
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 03:49   #49
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Back in the day when I was a mind reading, psychic, boy racing ego maniac In my £ 45.00 Marina.
I was whipping a Maserati Merak SS who couldn't keep up with me.
It was only when we stopped side by side at the lights and a beautiful blonds head appeared from nowhere in his passenger seat did I realise that I was the 5 knuckle shuffler.
I defend myself to myself (that's an affliction in itself) by virtue of the fact I was 17 and body and brain not fully developed yet.
But that didn't stop me telling anybody who would listen that I had burnt off a Maserati.

Now 7-8 years ago whilst sedately first drive testing my son in-laws Lamborghini murcilago LP 670 F1 tuned 200 mph car at 70 mph on the M60. A brand new Ford Mondeo passed us doing about 90 mph.
Im sure if I wasted my life I could find his achievement on a Ford forum somewhere.
Hey the power of belief, that's something else you cant beat !

Last edited by crazy frog; 21st September 2018 at 03:54..
crazy frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 04:29   #50
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

How's this for on-topic!

BTW: PIcture found somewhere on the net...Neither car is mine!
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote