Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2016, 19:50   #1
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Foglamps installed temperature goes up quicker!

Hello all,

As said above I have just fitted a Fog Lamp kit to my CDT Auto car and yes I know I have compromised the autoboxes cooling system but figured since the fan is on the back of the cooler and there is a vent in the wheel arch and the fan works it couldn't surely been such a issue! anyway that's not my issue!

My question is is the temp gauge connected in some way to the auto box as since installing the kit I have noticed my car gets up to temperature in about 4-5 minutes instead of the normal 15 minutes! I know the gauge is as much use as a chocolate teapot but this aint normal, is it possible I just have a airlock or is my foglight retrofit doing this?

I love the look of the foglights it kind of completes the look of the front of my car and would love to keep it but if it could potentially damage my gearbox I won't finish wiring it in! and pull them off tomorrow.

Next job will be projectors, but think the whole lot would compliment each other pretty well!

What is the general consensus here? Have I just done a big boo boo or should I stop worrying!
Old 7th April 2016, 19:58   #2
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

How can you monitor the gearbox temperature - I didn't think it even had a sensor?
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 20:00   #3
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

thats what im asking? if it doesn't have a sensor than I will check the coolant system instead. Thankyou!
Old 7th April 2016, 20:30   #4
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

I retrofitted front spots to my first 75 which was a Cdt club auto
On mine it made no noticeable difference to the cooling of the gearbox and is still going strong with its new owner
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 07:47   #5
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

There's no reason why fitting fogs should affect the engine warm up rate. Something else is different I'd say.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote