Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th March 2007, 11:48   #1
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Default Replacement head unit

Right!

The car has just been delivered (how cool is that!) and now I'm already thinking about what I want to do to it!

Would have liked Cruise Control, but looks too complex to retro-fit so probably won't even think about it

Needs an ICE upgrade, as it's only got a basic (?) radio/cassette. Been looking at CD changers on eBay, but wondering about an alternative. Just seen this

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_p...rtno=CDXGT414U

which looks good and has a USB input. USB flash drives seem ultra cheap at the mo (Amazon have Kingston 1GB drives for an astonishing £2.10! Three months ago they were 12 quid which was still cheap) A 1GB drive would hold around 25 albums, so get, say, 5 of these and you've got 125 CD capacity!

Need to know, however, if there's a way of replacing the standard (large) Rover radio with a regular single DIN one? Without leaving a big hole!

At present I have a Neo HDD MP3 player, but don't know if this would connect to the standard Rover radio. I think it needs phono inputs, which I;d guess won't be there? I know this connects to my PC via USB, but would think that a USB car stereo might not "see" the tracks on it?

Anyone an expert on this? If a USB stick can be read as music, is there any reason why a USB HDD shouldn't be too? If it would, all I need is a new head unit, with a rear USB, and then I can utilise my Neo!

Any advice appreciated!
uk_dave&gill is offline   Reply With Quote