Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th May 2024, 12:22   #1
Glen B
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon Club, 2005 Rover 45, 2000 Rover 25, 1963 Rover 110

Default Fuel pipes perished between pump and filter on 2003 CDT anyone have any.

My wife came home from shopping this morning with a trail of diesel and said it took longer to start the engine than normal so I investigated it by removing battery, tray, etc, and saw the pipe below the under bonnet pump was soaking wet and perished. I looked further along to the filter connection and towards the connection to the metal pipe to the injectors and found it's all in poor condition so I've removed it ready for buying a replacement set of hoses. This is where I started to worry as I rang DMGRS to be told they are no longer available new and I will have to contact a breakers to obtain them. My 2003 CDT has 237,000 miles on it and surely hoses from a breakers won't be much better. DMGRS advised Tom Force in Leinster may be able to help but the phone doesn't get answered. Could I just buy plain fuel hose of the same bore and cut into sections, I did notice the hoses on mine are shaped. My car is now off the road due to this. Any advice or good hoses available out there.
Glen B is offline   Reply With Quote