Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th November 2016, 08:14   #71
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

I popped by the stand to have a look yesterday and pick up my show plate (thanks again reebs)
Stand was super, the cars on show were stunning. Much cleaner than mine after a 660 miles round trip. I love my NEC trip each year. The 2 mins silence at 11 was a super sight to see, everyone taking part not a sound to be heard. Thanks again for a great stand and i was great to chat to you all.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 09:57   #72
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Great pictures Rick-sta .

Certainly a great deal better than my attempts, knew I should have shot some video later on in the day when the daylight wasn't flooding in through the windows .

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 11:43   #73
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

Popped in on Sunday, cars looked great, the boys were very welcoming and I learned how my car was born. She will be getting a card on 7th May.

What spine-tingling two minutes at eleven o' clock. They played the chimes of big ben and everyone stopped, everyone stood still, in total silence, thousands of people, for two minutes, it was really quite moving, you could have heard a pin drop.
Frogmella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 12:30   #74
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

As has already been said, it was an absolutely brilliant weekend spent with a great bunch of people (you know who you are) and really good to have the opportunity to meet so many forum members that have previously just been names on this screen !

It quickly became clear that those in the know realise just what great cars these are, with many owners starting to report mileages in excess of 200,000. In fact, I only heard one slightly negative comment across the whole three days and that was from an inebriated chap who had become disorientated by the psychedelic colour shifting pattern of Fusiliers ZT-T and had mistakenly stumbled onto our stand whilst looking for the toilets…

I have to give my special thanks to Reebs, who did an excellent job of organising everything right from the start some months ago (…I finally saw at first hand his legendary A4 lamination skills and they truly are something to behold…) but also to Jules who incredibly managed to find me a new item for my recently completed Tourer ‘Jobs to do’ list, which after weeks of aligning nuts, buffing curves and polishing every crevice, I had wrongly assumed was finished

I would also like to apologise to Neil as he unfortunately failed to experience the temperate fluid catering abilities of the ‘Magic Flask’, which strangely reappeared the very next morning after simply refilling it from nothing more than a boiling kettle at the Premier Inn - true magic if ever I saw it.

And lastly, I have to mention the Indian meal on Saturday night. The choice of food was excellent (thank you for your help with this Christopher, it was all Dutch to me) but who could have imagined that a car club would have pre-arranged top line entertainment. This not only included brief appearances from Michael McIntyre, Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howerd, but I actually found myself (and I kid you not) sitting next to....yes, you’ve guessed it….the legendary Frank Carson !!! That evening will certainly stick in my mind for quite some time.

Unless the psychiatrist can remove it

Anyway, for those that couldn’t make the show (and Neil) here’s a pic of the aforementioned with a friend and work-in-progress. Yes forum members - squint your eyes, look carefully into the distance and you can just make out the rather spooky silhouette of 'The Amazing Invisible Toaster' :

2016-11-14 11.46.30.jpg
Old 14th November 2016, 13:37   #75
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

What a fantastic effort and a very much deserved "well done" from me.

The TV screens supplied by Parker really do look the business.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 14:08   #76
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default Nec

As has been mentioned, what a fantastic weekend, and a huge thanks must go to the team who organised this behind the scenes. The organisation was second to none, and it was a true pleasure to meet all those that I had never met before, as Paul (Sonic ZS) mentioned you all know who you are, and I will always remember this great weekend.

The evenings were also good and the conversion was varied and humorous every evening.

It was appreciated by those displaying on the stand, to be transported every day to and from the venue in style, and we even got to watch the MG Rover Video in Pauls car on the way to the venue, which was interesting to say the least

I really did think that the club put on an amazing stand, and we had three very interesting days, and I took the time to stand back behind people to listen to what they were saying, and never heard any negative comments, infact quite the opposite, and many were saying they are nice, and it was a great shame that they were no longer produced, but I might look for one if I can find a good one

I will upload the photo's soon

I tried but failed to beat Duotone into breakfast every morning, and one morning, he was there ready to knock on the door at 2 seconds past 7, as he said he was hungry !!!!

Once again thanks to all those involved, and huge appreciation to those members who took the time to come and visit the stand

Stu

Photo's I took, including other stands

https://goo.gl/photos/cRHCBCZnobpkAhgy8

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155

Last edited by Fusilier; 14th November 2016 at 14:18..
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 14:37   #77
Smurf73
Regular poster

Rover 75

Some friends (Non 75 owners) and I visited the stand yesterday as we walked around the show and all were impressed with the cars and the stand. The people on the stand were very friendly and we had a good chat about the cars.

This is the friendliest car club I have ever been part of.
Smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 14:38   #78
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
As has already been said, it was an absolutely brilliant weekend spent with a great bunch of people (you know who you are) and really good to have the opportunity to meet so many forum members that have previously just been names on this screen !

It quickly became clear that those in the know realise just what great cars these are, with many owners starting to report mileages in excess of 200,000. In fact, I only heard one slightly negative comment across the whole three days and that was from an inebriated chap who had become disorientated by the psychedelic colour shifting pattern of Fusiliers ZT-T and had mistakenly stumbled onto our stand whilst looking for the toilets…

I have to give my special thanks to Reebs, who did an excellent job of organising everything right from the start some months ago (…I finally saw at first hand his legendary A4 lamination skills and they truly are something to behold…) but also to Jules who incredibly managed to find me a new item for my recently completed Tourer ‘Jobs to do’ list, which after weeks of aligning nuts, buffing curves and polishing every crevice, I had wrongly assumed was finished

I would also like to apologise to Neil as he unfortunately failed to experience the temperate fluid catering abilities of the ‘Magic Flask’, which strangely reappeared the very next morning after simply refilling it from nothing more than a boiling kettle at the Premier Inn - true magic if ever I saw it.

And lastly, I have to mention the Indian meal on Saturday night. The choice of food was excellent (thank you for your help with this Christopher, it was all Dutch to me) but who could have imagined that a car club would have pre-arranged top line entertainment. This not only included brief appearances from Michael McIntyre, Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howerd, but I actually found myself (and I kid you not) sitting next to....yes, you’ve guessed it….the legendary Frank Carson !!! That evening will certainly stick in my mind for quite some time.

Unless the psychiatrist can remove it

Anyway, for those that couldn’t make the show (and Neil) here’s a pic of the aforementioned with a friend and work-in-progress. Yes forum members - squint your eyes, look carefully into the distance and you can just make out the rather spooky silhouette of 'The Amazing Invisible Toaster' :

Attachment 63156
This may seem an odd question after all the work you have put into the car but what dressing did you use on the tyres at the show. They looked great very glossy.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 15:34   #79
Duotone
This is my second home

Default Nec

I would also like to thank Paul [Reebs] for his hard work and attention to detail during the show.

I enjoyed every minute of it, and I/we met some great people, like the former Cowley worker who used to prepare the 75's for crash test. The crash test team had the authority the remove any 75 [not customer order] from the line and crash test the car to destruction.. After the test brand new engines, gearboxes and everything else had to crushed.

Brought a tear to my eye.

Or the visitor who asked me if he could get a 3 mtr. length of wood in the back of a tourer with the door closed, to which I answered that I had indeed managed it. This seemed to be a deal breaker before he bought one.

The other members of our little group were great company

Here is one picture of all the colours in the Posiedon paint on Fusilier's ZT-T

Thanks to everyone.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 19:34   #80
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
This may seem an odd question after all the work you have put into the car but what dressing did you use on the tyres at the show. They looked great very glossy.
I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow & take a picture of the stuff. It's a pale blue rubber dressing gel from my local paint factors (Brown Brothers). Looks a bit like shower gel !