Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How is your 75/ZT used?
Daily Driven 274 72.30%
Weekends only 55 14.51%
Currently off the road 15 3.96%
No longer own a 75/ZT 35 9.23%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th October 2017, 16:00   #21
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

No longer an owner,but what I can say is the Tourer was the longest I have ever owned a car,I loved every minute and the forum with its great help, fun and banter.

Unfortunately over the past year some very good members/owners have left for pastures new for various reasons which we will not go into.

Also some traders have left/stopped trading and disappeared off the radar and the cost to keep the cars going is growing.

I have moved on but will always be grateful of the friends I have made along the way.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 16:19   #22
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Had the 75 for 3 yrs and put 65k miles on it. Spent probably around 600 quid on repairs so not bad having all the known faults fixed. It's a daily driver and will continue to be so, but if it becomes uneconomical to repair I will get another 75. I was an enthusiast in the early days but the interest has waned, along with the interest in the club.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 16:33   #23
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

haven't had a 75/zt as my daily driver for a few years now but that was mainly due to car seats and prams and children. my daily driver atm is the aforementioned 620 as my MG6 is in the garage. I have 2 75's, a cdt and a 2.5v6.......well, they're officially mine but I would not have them if Kevin didn't maintain them, so in that respect they're really part of his fleet......I just drive them on occasion.
Old 12th October 2017, 16:42   #24
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default New Car

I still have my Trophy Blue ZT, and have owned that since 2010, having previously owned a Red 190 and prior to that a MG ZT 177

I also have my ZTT (mongram) and an MGF and these three cars are only used during the summer months and I drive a ropey Jaguar XF !!! as my daily driver, but soon wont be using that as much as nearing retirement

other than a few additions and regular servicing the ZT and ZTT only do about 1000 miles a year, and my MGF does around 200 a year, and that will stay with me for as long as I can afford to own it

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:02   #25
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Bought my ZTT back in May 2012 as I needed a decent estate car to help with our move up to Scotland. It was only ever meant to be a temporary car, the idea was to sell it on once we'd done the move and then buy an SUV. Anyway, still got it and I can't see what I'd ever replace it with
It was a one owner car when I bought it and it has been the most reliable car I've owned, more so than the two Impreza WRX we had years ago.

It's my daily drive and workhorse and always has a boot full of tools and gardening equipment.
It's hard keeping it in nice condition when it's a daily but, I try my best and if it needs anything, it gets it.

I'm a big believer in preventative maintenance and so far, I feel this attitude has led to my wonderful ZTT to be so reliable.

This club has helped no end too. I'm ok with the spanners but, no mechanic so, the experts on this forum have given me the confidence and knowledge to tackle any job so far

I felt my struggle to keep the car as good as possible was rewarded at the Gretna meet in July where, it was voted car of the show. Thanks again for all that voted for my ZTT

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:04   #26
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

We purchased our first 75, a diesel Conny new back in 2002. This was joined with my current 2.5 V6 Conny in 2010.
Amazingly both cars were built days apart and despatched to the same Main Dealer in East Kilbride.
The diesel conny was replaced with a Jaguar XF three years ago, then just this summer, “summer” well anyway I purchased another 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE as a project car.
I voted as using my 75 for weekends as it’s not out every day but last week it looked like being my daily driver as my XF was written off in a very nasty accident (long story)

I picked up a BMW 520 Msport I think, well it those fancy M badges on it.
So far it’s a lovely car to drive and in certain areas better than the Jag but why BMW fits electric recline and rise but omits to fit electric front / rear seat adjustment beats me. I mean even Rover managed to better this two decades ago.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:16   #27
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

I have nudge my 75 as my daily driver had him around 5 years now usual repairs and regular servicing keeps him driving great mot next week no worries about getting him through also got jakeh my zt in the garage as a hobbie car only goes out a few times a year when the sunshines rooster 1.8 t zt is my project car he was destined to be broken i couldnt let that happen so i gave him a home as well

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:32   #28
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

No longer own a 75/ZT but that will change very soon after I pick her up.

This is my chrstine my former, well won't be former for long when I collect her.

I sold the car too Andy earlier this year, needed the money too get the probe back on the road, at that point the Ford was highest priotry and Christine took a back seat a bit.

That car has a lot spent on her, I know I spent a quite a bit on it, She's unkillerble.

She's been too Bovington tank muesme, she's been to the beach, she's been a Beer storage compartment, she's been a flag bearrier after Wales qualified for the Euro's last year. she's been a wedding car.
She's been a trailer collecting engines and spare parts.

She's been all sorts.

Stay tuned she's coming back too Lord Rovers hands, after I've recovered from my ankle twist.

Evil Laughter.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:33   #29
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

I loved these cars from the first time I saw them and had always hoped to have one some day. They were beyond my budget in the early days but I still hankered after one, but didn't get my first until 2012. It's long gone, but as my profile indicates I now have four 75s, all diesels.

My main driver is the black one I've recently put over £500 into in order to maintain it - new exhaust, new rear suspension, a wishbone and sill welding. I bought it just over two years ago as an idle punt on ebay, having put in what I thought was a stupidly low bid which turned out to be the winner! Between the purchase price and what it took to bring it up to standard (new brakes, tyres, a headlamp, an inline thermostat and a front wing), it cost me around £600 all in during the first few months of ownership. Other than that it has only "had to" have normal maintenance costs (i.e. another service and a pair of wiper blades), but I've also added a couple of other luxuries like a walnut wheel and cruise control, and it will have sandstone leather seats installed in the near future. I acquired it with 89000 miles on the clock and have added another 30k or so. It takes me on a long round trip (580 miles) seven or eight times a year, and never leaves me in discomfort. In spite of the recent expenditure, it's still shaping up to be the best car I've ever bought - both in terms of value for money and in terms of owner enjoyment. I will keep it going as long as I possibly can.

The blue saloon is currently mothballed and will need a little bit of TLC to get it on the road again - new battery, refit & reassembly of CD changer/glovebox (entirely due to my own procrastination), possibly new rear brakes. The green Conny is also laid up until I get round to organising a new rear subframe for it.

Its stand-in is a Damson Red tourer, my first ever auto, which is a basic spec (Classic) but whose bodywork is in incredibly good condition. It came with a brand new MOT, but the basic engine maintenance had been somewhat neglected in more recent times. That has all been addressed under my ownership, with a full service (incl. PCV filter), inline thermostat, clean EGR valve and three new intercooler O-rings all done in the past month. It had already had new wishbones and recently fitted brakes before coming to me. I'm in two minds as to whether to keep it - it's a lovely cruiser and I have been converted to the pleasures of driving an auto, plus I might even camp in it one or two nights when away attending rugby matches! But I'm not sure I can justify holding onto a fourth car in a two-person household, so I'll probably get the subframe sorted on the other car and then sell this one on.

I have to say that without the expertise and generosity of certain individuals on here, particularly but not only Marinabrian, 75 ownership would have been a fair bit more difficult.
A Nigerian mother of three

Last edited by andymc; 12th October 2017 at 17:36..
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:41   #30
Duotone
This is my second home

I have moved on from owning a Rover 75 after selling my Duotone Tourer to Club member.

Mind, if have left 75 ownership before but came back after a year, maybe if I could find the right 75 I could return again.

I bought my first brand new 75 in 2000, replaced with another brand new 75 in 2001.
Then I bought a brand new Duotone 75 in 2004.

At one point I owned a 75 V8 and a 75 Duotone at the same time.

Finally a 75 Tourer.

I think I did my bit in supporting MG Rover.

I hope to go back to 75 ownership one day.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote