Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd October 2019, 13:44   #31
rob dean
Regular poster

xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I suspect this particular car would have been a better execution if it had been fitted with a premium bumper.

Subjectively speaking, I don't particularly like the colour combination, others, and particularly women oddly enough seem to love it , Sean calls his car Marmite for a reason

On saying that, at least it had a genuine MOT test I suppose

Brian
IMHO I can only imagine that a 'premium' bumper would only make it look even more challenging, but whatever floats your boat. For me there is beauty in simplicity.
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:51   #32
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
All the Duotones I have seen and all those pictured in this post, except the one in question, have lower bumpers and the sills painted in the lower body colour. This particular one has blue sills and lower bumpers, that seems at odds to me with what would be expected. Maybe someone with more knowledge could explain this.
The pre-facelift 75 has a ridge around the front and rear bumpers and this was painted in the upper body colour.

The facelift 75 does not have a ridge around the front and rear bumpers and so MG Rover decided that the sills and lower bumpers would be the lower body colour.

You can see the ridge around the bumper on the Mk1. 75

the facelift 75 has a small ridge on the bumper but it does not continue along the back of the bumper.

At the front of the facelift 75 there is no definite line to paint the upper body colour.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 19:58   #33
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I suspect this particular car would have been a better execution if it had been fitted with a premium bumper.

Subjectively speaking, I don't particularly like the colour combination, others, and particularly women oddly enough seem to love it , Sean calls his car Marmite for a reason

On saying that, at least it had a genuine MOT test I suppose

Brian

Food for thought, with regards to bumper choices, but I dare say I’ll struggle to find one that colour. 😬
Either way, I’ll have to sort something out, cause some numpty decided it would be a good idea to drive into this one, cracking it in several places!
That’s what you get when you leave your car overnight in the pub car park I suppose.😡

Ps brian, this car also starts in “drive”, as I found out one evening by reaching in through the open window to start it.
Good job I’d only turned my back on for a few seconds, as it was making a break for it, across the yard. 😱😱😱.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 20:03   #34
ADO13
Avid contributor

Rover 75, 1960 Sprite

Default Paint

Just needs a coachline and a bit of matt black on the rear number plate area. M.
ADO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2019, 00:22   #35
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
Food for thought, with regards to bumper choices, but I dare say I’ll struggle to find one that colour. 😬
Either way, I’ll have to sort something out, cause some numpty decided it would be a good idea to drive into this one, cracking it in several places!
That’s what you get when you leave your car overnight in the pub car park I suppose.😡

Ps brian, this car also starts in “drive”, as I found out one evening by reaching in through the open window to start it.
Good job I’d only turned my back on for a few seconds, as it was making a break for it, across the yard. 😱😱😱.

Ouch !!
Sadly I've cleared out my dining room too !!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg front bumper.jpg (144.4 KB, 106 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:20   #36
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Default Duo tone anyone?

My V8 tourer is the only MacNeillie full duo tone they carried out for me in September 2005 , but one 75 fleet of One Hearse & two 6 door limousines had there sides but not bumpers painted dark maroon and since been painted back black.

Last edited by LimoRog; 3rd October 2019 at 12:05..
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:06   #37
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post

Ps Brian, this car also starts in “drive”, as I found out one evening by reaching in through the open window to start it.

Sean, it might be worth looking at the adjustment of the inhibit switch on the gearbox, or the switch itself.

One thing is for certain, the wiring won't be "modified" unlike the silver and blue tourer

The mind boggles at the spiffing extra relay wrapped in black tape, and the bypassing of the factory starter motor wiring

This car has been so wet inside for so long every single connector contact is green with corrosion, and in reality will be troublesome unless the entire loom is replaced.

It will be interesting to see if it resurfaces on eBay in the near future.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4952.JPG (78.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4951.JPG (77.9 KB, 67 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote