Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th January 2021, 18:56   #11
Eric_m
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club 1.8T

Quote:
After a shaky start when the call operator couldn't find my location despite the road name and number and it's intersection with the A1
A tip if you get this problem. When I broke down just before Christmas, the RAC had trouble locating me and I asked if they used 'what 3 words', and they do and they found me easily.

If you don't know, 'what 3 words' is an App you can put on your Smartphone which uses the gps signal to place you in a small square (3 metres I think it is). This square has 3 words associated with it, by just quoting those 3 words they can pinpoint you.

Worked a treat as you say

Eric
Eric_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2021, 18:57   #12
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeburgh View Post
We used AutoAid for years and I was always happy with them. But it's much more expensive these days.
Now we have a Nationwide FlexPlus account. You pay £13pm and that includes top quality breakdown insurance, mobile phone insurance and travel insurance for a couple and children under 18. So good value if you use two of the three.
Called them out Monday and they arrived within 25mins.
As we all get older it is important that travel insurers cover existing medical conditions, is this the case with yours?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2021, 19:28   #13
Aldeburgh

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
As we all get older it is important that travel insurers cover existing medical conditions, is this the case with yours?
Sadly not with the base product. You either have to pay extra or sometimes its cheaper to get other cover. I have high BP so fell foul of this when diagnosed.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Old 9th January 2021, 10:42   #14
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

If you have high blood pressure, and it is under control from taking the necessary medication then you do not have high blood pressure. Read the question that is asked, not presume. If it asks if you are taking medication to keep it under control, then obviously the answer is yes, if you are.
Old 9th January 2021, 11:22   #15
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

We've have autoaid for last few years and its worked ok for a couple of recoveries on the daughters Cmax x 1 ( gearbox cable) and the Zr( battery) and will have to look at it now as all the Zeds are too old .

Even the Cmax is 15 this year, but the micra could still get covered but then at 20k miles would we need it

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2021, 10:59   #16
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

I've recently joined them. Never had break down cover in 10 years of driving but with me and the wife now driving and our cars being over 15 years old it's probably wise..

Anywho, we do have a mini that isn't quite 15 years old and when I used this as main vehicle the website then asks if you want to cover vehicles over 15 years old and the price went from 59.99 to 74.99 if memory serves. AFAIK it's cheaper than ringing a recovery company out of the blue in the event of a breakdown. And with a ford sportka, rover 75 and the 05 mini.. all covering around 8k miles a year and me being the main person who does the work on the cars with limited tools and mainly aftermarket parts under time constraints and no garage in all weathers etc.. for me 74.99 to recover or assist during a breakdown takes some pressure off in what could be a stressful situation.

Rob
Old 10th January 2021, 15:32   #17
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

AS I understand it if you take personal cover out as opposed to vehicle cover. Then it is you the person and your spouse who are covered for ANY car you are driving ( that is less than 15yr old). The inclusion of cars over 15yr old invokes the extra cost but it is still Any car you drive. Wife's car is 18, Rover 75 is 21 and the Sunbeam is 65.
So, for me, I have all my cars covered as only me or wife drive them and anything else we happen to be driving for the price of £75 pa.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 11th January 2021 at 07:44..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2021, 18:03   #18
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Our Autoaid is up for renewal , in April , been messaging back and forth about the details car age, people, exclusions etc ..

And confimed today that we will get 2 personal covers , with no age limit on the cars driven, and they've just removed the 2.5 litre limit they had hidden away , so the 260 is now covered .
renewal is 59.99 quids

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote