Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th January 2021, 16:51   #31
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Just been sent a request to sign a petition for all school and carers to have a jab during half term to get the schools open. Perhaps if they'd done their homework they would understand that it would take at least six weeks after that to get the second jab and effectiveness, oh, then it's Easter.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2021, 19:34   #32
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Just been sent a request to sign a petition for all school and carers to have a jab during half term to get the schools open. Perhaps if they'd done their homework they would understand that it would take at least six weeks after that to get the second jab and effectiveness, oh, then it's Easter.
Did the authors of this petition make any suggestion as to which “at risk” group should be moved down the priority list to accommodate this ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2021, 20:36   #33
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

At the rate they are vaccinating at the moment they will have all who want to be vaccinated done in about 6 months, we have all waited 12 months so another 6 months is not to bad.

Lets face it most of us want to be close to the front of line but getting the coffin dodgers done first with the high risk next will get the death rate down and that has to be a priority. Yes the education system needs to be in place but how many families if given the choice would say get the teachers done before granny or grandpa? My guess not many.

Tonight there was a bit on TV on how many BAME people were saying they would not have the vaccine, distrust for various reasons but have they not seen the news?

Personally if I had a phone call at 3 am because they had some spare I would be there in my PJ's.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 07:08   #34
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Potentially all us Brits could be vaccinated before the Europeans have even done a decent percentage of there population. This brings up another potential problem. All those that are waiting to jump on an aircraft to a beech will have no where to go or if allowed will have to isolate in a hotel on there return.

I think personally we can write this year off, yes the death rate will hopefully be a fraction of what it is at the moment but I think it will be 2022 before we consider our lives are starting to get back to what we consider normal or more precisely the new normal.

I think the pubs and the like will be open by late spring for the majority of us but who will be happy to sit on a beach or go to a concert in the summer if you are not sure the person next to you has been vaccinated or not?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 08:27   #35
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Potentially all us Brits could be vaccinated before the Europeans have even done a decent percentage of there population. This brings up another potential problem. All those that are waiting to jump on an aircraft to a beech will have no where to go or if allowed will have to isolate in a hotel on there return.

I think personally we can write this year off, yes the death rate will hopefully be a fraction of what it is at the moment but I think it will be 2022 before we consider our lives are starting to get back to what we consider normal or more precisely the new normal.

I think the pubs and the like will be open by late spring for the majority of us but who will be happy to sit on a beach or go to a concert in the summer if you are not sure the person next to you has been vaccinated or not?
Quite right, there will be no normal global travel possibilities until the majority of Countries are deemed at a safe level. There will be a growing number of permitted Countries but there has always been a risk that persons travelling between permitted zones will have been "popping" in and out of high risk zones as with other infectious diseases.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 19:16   #36
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Potentially all us Brits could be vaccinated before the Europeans have even done a decent percentage of their population. This brings up another potential problem. All those that are waiting to jump on an aircraft to a beach will have nowhere to go or if allowed will have to isolate in a hotel on their return.

Being vaccinated doesn't stop you passing the virus to another person. All it does is activates the immune system of the person who has been vaccinated. Hopefully this will reduce the effects of the virus after several weeks when the body has produced its own anti-bodies. However the person, though not suffering badly from a virus attack, can still be quite contagious to the folk around them.---

In all cases close contact is to be avoided at all costs no matter where or when.--( 2022 sounds about right.-----Middle of the summer. )
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 19:18   #37
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

My wife, a nurse, has had her first jab but despite having several of the listed underlying conditions still no word of mine yet. Tonight I got text from her, 5 positive cases in her ward and it's not even a covid ward, it's everywhere in the hospital now. In the morning I'm going to have to prepare everything for her arrival, front door open, shower on, washing machine ready just to hit the start button. I'm praying for my jab just to alleviate the stress of the distinct possibility of her bringing covid into the house.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 20:34   #38
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Being vaccinated doesn't stop you passing the virus to another person.

In all cases close contact is to be avoided at all costs no matter where or when.--( 2022 sounds about right.-----Middle of the summer. )

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 22:43   #39
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Well, there you go.---I hadn't seen the information you've given in your post but it was the conclusion I'd come to after reading lots and lots about these vaccines and how they work.

I think a few people thought the vaccine targeted the virus and once they'd been injected they were safe from infection but of course it's something that wasn't correct. What it meant really, after two or three weeks, that the bodies defence system was up and running and could immediately attack the virus from the moment the person became infected. Eventually just about all of the 65,000,000 folk in GB were going to have had the virus in their systems.

I just hope that the vaccine production can increase as fast as possible to reduce the number of Covid related deaths.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2021, 06:41   #40
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Well, there you go.---I hadn't seen the information you've given in your post but it was the conclusion I'd come to after reading lots and lots about these vaccines and how they work.

I think a few people thought the vaccine targeted the virus and once they'd been injected they were safe from infection but of course it's something that wasn't correct. What it meant really, after two or three weeks, that the bodies defence system was up and running and could immediately attack the virus from the moment the person became infected. Eventually just about all of the 65,000,000 folk in GB were going to have had the virus in their systems.

I just hope that the vaccine production can increase as fast as possible to reduce the number of Covid related deaths.
I wasn't aware of this until yesterday either Jon, the situation changes daily

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote