Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2010, 12:16   #11
djw40
Gets stuck in

Ford Kuga

I won't rise to the debate of police officers just getting their quota, persecuting the motorist etc etc etc.

Suffice to say I've attended plenty of fatal collisions where mechanical fault of a vehicle has been a contributing factor. Ironically often a problem with the braking system.

Have a chat with their families and see if they think anyone taking a chance driving without a valid MOT who gets a ticket is hard done by.

As for the original poster who took a chance and got caught......

No, the make of car on the ticket will make no difference, though by all means feel free to fill in the back and request a court hearing.
There is every chance a magistrate would be infuriated by such actions and reward you with a much larger fine and possibly some points to go with it.....

It's quite simple really. Abide by the law and keep your car road legal. It can work out alot cheaper!

Rant over
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:34   #12
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw40 View Post
I won't rise to the debate
A debate assumes two sides willing to listen to each others' point of view

Somehow, I don't think this thread was designed to do the above, or to do anything other than cause a ruckus.

I applaud your decision not to rise to what would be a slanging match and concur with Duncan's (lowedb) assessment regarding the agent provocateur type of previous post, whilst, of course, acknowledging the poster's right to do so
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:38   #13
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Can Members please keep to the original question as the rest of subject has really been exhausted and is going the way of them v us scenario.
People are never going to agree on this regardless of comments posted unfortunately.
Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:43   #14
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

No valid MOT then insurance companies will invoke the clause that vehicles, if required, must have a valid MOT (plus be roadworthy).

So effectively, you were driving a vehicle without MOT and insurance.

Paul

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:25   #15
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

firsty the car is roadworthy!
secondly im not crying the blame game here

it failed due to dirty brake pipes, and when i say dirty i dont mean rusted! i mean DIRTY! which is another case for another day, the pipe work has been cleaned and waxolyed, so in that respect there is no fault with the car, yes im waiting for the retest, im simply asking is there any possibility the fine could be avoided through the mis naming of the car! yes the reg details are down but an MG ZT is clearly not a Rover 75?

also on the mot failure notice, the car was written down as being a "Rover 75"

im wondering do all zts reg reports state "Rover 75"

the cars fully insured and taxed!
otherwise the car would have been impounded there and then, the PSNI are quite strict with "no insurance"
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:56   #16
djw40
Gets stuck in

Ford Kuga

My post was not meant to antagonise - if it did I apologise.

With regards the insurance, police have no power to report for No Insurance and seize a vehicle if it is insured to cover the driver, even if the car has no MOT, or even if the driver has not got a valid licence.

This is because the insurer has a iability to pay out to any third party, therefore the offence of no insurance is not complete (certainly this is the case in England..)

I do know however that most insurance companies would use either of these examples to not pay out to you the policy holder should you have a bump.

Therefore although it was valid you may have had to pay out for your own damage.

Of note I have even written the wrong index on a ticket before, a covering statement rectified this error - so as I said earlier I would strongly suggest taking it on the chin and paying the £60.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:10   #17
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

i would of thought that details had to be correct ,the police have to fill out the form in the right manner so i would fight it ,who`s knows there could be a zt driving around with your number plate on it i would fight it as it is incorrect info on the summons .. technically wrong info .. was you stopped taking car to have its mot ?. still i guess there will always be the for and against .did you forget the date the mot ran out ? it does happen ,i used to have a car moted on the 20th feb ,as my car i had for 14 years was that date ,insure it taxed forget till the feb .but know you cant do that ,so where is my choice ???? oh yeah its been taken away like alot of my choices ..

Last edited by chrissyboy; 3rd June 2010 at 15:19..
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:14   #18
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
i would of thought that details had to be correct ,the police have to fill out the form in the right manner so i would fight it ,who`s knows there could be a zt driving around with your number plate on it i would fight it as it is incorrect info on the summons .. technically wrong info ..
Yeah, go fer it Take it to Court Don't forget to take the most esteemed advice of pepipoo et. al. as well.

Chris might well fight it. I wouldn't, but then, what do I know

Chris, I'm pulling yer leg

Last edited by Raistlin; 3rd June 2010 at 15:23..
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:19   #19
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Do that and I am willing to bet that it will cost a lot more in the end
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:45   #20
mfrancis
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur saloon 2.0 V6 auto

Please forgive what is probably a naive question but why is it that a car can be presented for test up to one month before the MOT is due?
I have always thought that it is so if it fails you get sufficient time to repair the car before the original expires and hence you are not using the car illegally?
Otherwise how could you drive the car home from the test centre if you were going to repair it yourself?
Closed Thread