Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2014, 11:57   #1
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Default Dealer launch owners, does your "trip computer" work on the board monitor?

Folks,

Ever since I acquired my dealer launch car a year ago, I've never been able to get the "trip computer" option on the satnav monitor to report anything. It works fine on the instrument display, the trip computer option is there on the satnav screen, but when I go into it it only shows the outside temperature, and nothing else.

Here's a little history of it and attempts done to get it working :
- bought the car from previous owner, still fitted with original mk2 Rover drive : option is there but not displaying any values
- upgraded drive to BMW mk3 : same stuff, though I do now get the outside temperature showing
- upgraded drive to BMW mk4 : same stuff as with mk3
- during latest T4 diagnostics, I made sure that the highline navigation option was set up in the dealer option page. It was, therefore the issue is elsewhere. I heard that highline retrofit needed this option ticked to have trip computer working, so even though mine is factory fitted, thought it was worth the try.

I've read from other dealer launch owners (though can't find relevant threads anymore) that they had the same issue, though don't know if/how they've managed to fix it.

Any other T4 setting somewhere/change in ZCS coding that might get the damn thing to work? I can live without, but I hate it when things that are supposed to be there just aren't.
I do have my current ZCS codes by the way, so could provide them to any T4 expert for decoding and understanding of the issue if needed.

Thanks

Last edited by scoubix; 27th January 2014 at 12:02..
scoubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 12:02   #2
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Mine has shown up , albeit intermittently.Same with aux heater controls.sometimes there sometimes not.main bits work well though and that is the important bit..ie music and sat nav.Hope you can sort it out.

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 12:04   #3
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Yep, I do have the aux heater control showing up from time to time, ever since I got the car, no matter what GPS drive I used.
But the difference with the trip computer is that the trip computer option is ALWAYS there, it never disappears...but it just doesn't report anything.
Old 27th January 2014, 12:09   #4
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

bigruss is probably the member to ask as he has both a launch car and the T4 machine.I would imagine a man with his knowledge and Launch car at hand would have the best chance of getting to the bottom of the issue..

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 12:10   #5
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

I havnt got a launch car yet but my dads one i could never figure out how to get the MPG up ie trip computer.

I took a y reg one out many years ago and that had the display but my dads never did come on
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 12:51   #6
scoubix
Gets stuck in

FYI I've played with T4 on my car with my friend at the garage where I service my car, we tried disabling/reenabling both highline instrument pack and highline navigation, to try and have it work as it should. No success.
I'm starting to believe that launch cars being so close to pre-production cars, they just didn't get it to work at the time and it took some component hardware revision somewhere and a few thousands cars in between to get it to work properly. Very weird...
Old 13th February 2014, 13:27   #7
Duotone
This is my second home

I retro-fitted a Hi line system to my previous 75.

The system came from a early 75 and there was no trip computer option on the screen, everything else on the Hi line worked fine.

After a visit to Bigruss for a T4 session on another matter.

While there Russ enabled the Hi line system and the trip computer appeared.

Here is the thread from 2008

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=trip+computer

So, a T4 session should be the answer.

Dave T

Last edited by Duotone; 13th February 2014 at 13:38..
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 18:08   #8
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
I retro-fitted a Hi line system to my previous 75.

The system came from a early 75 and there was no trip computer option on the screen, everything else on the Hi line worked fine.

After a visit to Bigruss for a T4 session on another matter.

While there Russ enabled the Hi line system and the trip computer appeared.

Here is the thread from 2008

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=trip+computer

So, a T4 session should be the answer.

Dave T
Seen that thread before

The difference between our two different situations, my friend, is that the Trip Computer option has ALWAYS been present on my car, and I can go into it, but the different fields in there remain blank. So my assumption is that on launch cars (as other launch car owners have reported the same issue and have never been able to sort it out either), there is some component missing between the instrument pack CAN bus and the k-bus of the satnav system, to allow the information to pass onto it.
Again, T4 has not been able to sort it out, which reports highline instrument pack and highline sat nav as being present.
The same weirdness could also explain why the aux. heater option also appears from time to time on our satnav screen, again an issue present with all other dealer launch owners that I know of (that is, those that kept the highline system).
Old 17th February 2014, 11:54   #9
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

I did a retrofit on mine, the trip comupter was always there but took a t4 session to enable the display. It still doesn't work exactly right but I've been told it's because the IPK doesn't have the the full system fitted like the BMW hence the need to fit a clock module on the k-bus to get time to show on the GPS display, I don't know why they didn't sipmly get the clock from the GPS data. I have also noticed that the system remembers what is on the k-bus for a while so that fitting a Mk4 GPS from a BMW initially showed me lots of interesting options but after a couple of times turning the ignition on and off it re-learnt what is actually fitted to my car and removed them. The Intravee II has added lots more info with speed, coolant temp, acceleration and braking G forces (sadly not big numbers ) it's just a bit more involed to get to it.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 09:08   #10
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

My launch car has never displayed Trip Computer on the Satnav screen, it's never been an option despite swapping up to a Mk3 drive.
I suspect it is the very early Radio/TV Modules that are the culprit.

Having recently stripped down two broken Mk3 drives, I was surprised to see that internals on both were different. Casing is identical but the main PCB was slightly different.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote