Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2010, 18:55   #41
Duotone
This is my second home

I don't have the pdf files I'm afraid but if you are not getting any sat nav maps I doubt it will be the ABS connection.

The problem that shows up when the ABS is not connected is that the map appears on the screen but the arrow showing the cars position on the map does not move.

However the map will update from the gps reciever when the car is stopped for a few moments.

The fault you have could be caused by a faulty unit in the boot or a bad connection..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:38   #42
kennypryde

Rover 75 Saloon cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
I don't have the pdf files I'm afraid but if you are not getting any sat nav maps I doubt it will be the ABS connection.

The problem that shows up when the ABS is not connected is that the map appears on the screen but the arrow showing the cars position on the map does not move.

However the map will update from the gps reciever when the car is stopped for a few moments.

The fault you have could be caused by a faulty unit in the boot or a bad connection..

Dave T
Thanks for this info - that is actually what I am getting. The sat nav map comes up and follows where I am (although it is couple a miles or so off) I bought it from an english user as it shows lots of saved maps around York.

It now shows location in Glasgow - where we are - so I think the nav system itself works (as does the TV etc). If I set the destination address it does'nt move the next step of guiding me there. Instead it follows as if I am on a road a couple of miles away but does'nt indicate any guidance etc!?
lol all good fun. I assume, regardless, these abs wires still have to be connected? Apart from the addtional speaker wire and phone connector block they are the only wires left?

thanks for you help

cheers

Kenny

Last edited by kennypryde; 19th April 2010 at 19:40.. Reason: spelling
kennypryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:49   #43
kennypryde

Rover 75 Saloon cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
there should be a black 4 way connector in the vicinity of the ashtray assembly...There is a thread by lowedb on the subject

oh and welcome to the site
thanks David- I'll have a hunt on the forum for that thread again. If I get a chance I'll take the ashtray, heater etc out again - had a really good look around already (over the week I took in there already lol) with my glasses on this time. I've used alot of the installation information available on the forum for the major installation part -it was very useful - so thanks to all who contributed this info.
many thanks again

cheers

Kenny
Old 19th April 2010, 19:57   #44
Duotone
This is my second home

The Slate/Green wire you require for the ABS signal is almost sure to be in the loom to the left side behind the headunit.

I found the Slate/Green wire in the loom of wires and had to cut the tape holding the bundle of wires together. The missing wire was almost in the center of the bundle..

Good luck.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 20:12   #45
kennypryde

Rover 75 Saloon cdt

thanks Dave,

I can't wait 'til the weekend now and have a go! Damn this having to work for a living Monday to Friday!!!! Will update if successful.

cheers

Kenny
Old 25th July 2014, 09:27   #46
dzieju

75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Hi Ralph..
Just a question about the K Bus interface..
Is it the white box shown in Keiths picture just above the board monitor?
I thought this was the steering wheel control unit interface.

Possibly the same thing? ..

Fog lamps will be posted tommorow..

Thanks

Dave T
Hi guys .

Can you elp me , i try to turn on everytnig on my table out from the car , to make easy repair and modding tis unit in my hobby rom

I connected almost everyting and i see only logo from navi radio not working and TV nothing :/

What i need to do to this unit start working on table .

I have wire freom navi without Harman .

Head Unit 4:3,Tuner TV, Tuner Radio, MK3 .

I dont have that little whit box , i need tis to start working ?
[Automate]
[MK4 16:9]
[Lather almost every ware]
[Reduced Noise Professional]
dzieju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 06:42   #47
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Hello all

I have seen a "complete" highline sat nav system up for grabs on the bay of e but it does state no main loom, would the wiring already be in my car ( 2001cdt conn se) or was it an additional set up specifically for the highline satnav system?

Another thing I am toying with the idea of
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 06:59   #48
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

The little white box is for the remote steering wheel controls for volume etc. it can run without it as mine has for the last 2 years until I finally fixed it last month.

If you are not getting a menu screen on the TV monitor, the chances are you are not feeding the set up with a K-Bus signal. This is the White with Red stripe and Yellow blob wire.

Without it, the radio tuner, video module, bordmonitor and sat nav drive won't know to operate. Each component needs a feed of this wire from the car.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 11:50   #49
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Hello all

I have seen a "complete" highline sat nav system up for grabs on the bay of e but it does state no main loom, would the wiring already be in my car ( 2001cdt conn se) or was it an additional set up specifically for the highline satnav system?

Another thing I am toying with the idea of

From what I understand from installing mine and research, the wiring loom is specific to the highline system and therefore not installed in the car unless you have the system or been installed in the past.
Old 29th July 2014, 15:41   #50
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shed View Post
From what I understand from installing mine and research, the wiring loom is specific to the highline system and therefore not installed in the car unless you have the system or been installed in the past.
Oh dear, Maybe not then
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote