Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th February 2021, 10:50   #1
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Business Water Bills - anyone had experience of split billing?

I can’t seem to get a sensible answer on this. A client of ours runs a business and has recently sold part of the land. The new owner asked for and had a meter fitted so that he could have his water usage easily identified so he could pay the Local Water Company.

Bizarrely - rather than tap in the new meter before the existing Meter of my client, the Water company fitted the second meter for the sold bit of land, AFTER the original meter.

Now the figures are quite large as its two businesses - and what Bournmouth Water is insisting is that they invoice my client for circa £6000 for this last quarter and she gets the the amount owed by the new owner of the land she sold, to pay her what he owes - which is about £4000.

My client has had a chap from Bournemouth Water out and interestingly he agreed that the two businesses should be billed separately and has apparently recommended that the Meters be reconnected to facilitate this.

But the Billing Dept of Bournemouth Water is having none of it and insists that my client pays the whole invoice and how she gets the money back from the new owner is her problem.

Never come across the likes of this before - and I’m not finding it easy getting expertise on this via my normal routes.

Anyone had similar issues? Any input gratefully received.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 12:08   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

can OFWAT be any help?
https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 13:10   #3
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

I could be missing something but regardless of which meter is connected first or last each meter would surely record only the water which goes through it. Assuming the water comp knows its onions regards connection and that it has connected the meters in parallel on the mains supply then the recording should be separate on each meter and therefore the billing too which should relate to the relevant meter. Has the water company fessed up the connection and maybe connected the meters in series on the mains supply?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 15:50   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

just a by the by.
I have seen a situation where water goes to a house and is metered. After the meter there is a T and a farmers field is supplied with water.

The farmer pays the whole bill

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 16:41   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Would it be possible to relocate the primary meter downstream, after the tee for the new secondary meter, therefore making them both primarys?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote