Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2010, 09:38   #1
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Default National Meet - many thanks

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who organised such an enjoyable day yesterday at Gaydon as well as to everyone who made this 'Newbie' feel so welcome.

I have owned my 75 for nearly a year - and gained a huge amount of knowledge from the forum - but only just got round to subscribing!

It's so good to meet in person lots of you who enjoy and appreciate the rather special qualities of these cars - that should really have been the first of a new era for Rover , but in the end were sadly the last of the line.

But they did go out in style!

Thanks again to you all for providing such a helpful - and friendly - mine of information.

All the best,

Nicholas
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:15   #2
Neil Coupland
Gets stuck in

Range Rover Sport, MG TF 160 Aubergine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who organised such an enjoyable day yesterday at Gaydon as well as to everyone who made this 'Newbie' feel so welcome.

I have owned my 75 for nearly a year - and gained a huge amount of knowledge from the forum - but only just got round to subscribing!

It's so good to meet in person lots of you who enjoy and appreciate the rather special qualities of these cars - that should really have been the first of a new era for Rover , but in the end were sadly the last of the line.

Thanks again to you all for providing such a helpful - and friendly - mine of information.

All the best,

Nicholas
Good to speak to you yesterday Nick, glad you enjoyed it.

Regards,

Neil
Neil Coupland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:33   #3
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Hello,

All the best,

Nicholas
Same as Nicholas! My first major meet and I loved every minute of it! It's been a long time since I've ever been made to feel so welcome by a group and will certainly be staying the night before with you all again as well.

Subs are in - (ashamedly later than I had intended) I'm certainly with the club (and the cars!) for the long run!

Thank again,

Jake

(p.s. @Mods - can my username be changed to just my name at all?)
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:35   #4
mimbo
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 216 Coupe

Many Thanks for a GREAT day yesterday at Gaydon

Also like to thank the club for my membership card, sticker, tax disc holder

This club has saved me a lot of money over the past year and I have met some GREAT people through the club

Thanks to all on this Club for making all this possable

Cheers to Stocktake and his misses from putting up with me for 2 w/e now

Paul (Mimbo)

P.James (Member 6589 ) Nuts about the 75
mimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:36   #5
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJW89 View Post
Same as Nicholas! My first major meet and I loved every minute of it! It's been a long time since I've ever been made to feel so welcome by a group and will certainly be staying the night before with you all again as well.

Subs are in - (ashamedly later than I had intended) I'm certainly with the club (and the cars!) for the long run!

Thank again,

Jake

The username jake has already been taken.
If you PM me with your preferred name I will change it for you.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 13:18   #6
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW89 View Post

Thank again,

Jake

Hi Jake

It was very nice to have met you and to see your appreciation of the cars. The first meet is always the most difficult when not knowing anyone so the next time you will be an old hand at it knowing at least 30 of us

Take care and enjoy your car

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 17:08   #7
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Nicholas,

It was great to meet you too yesterday, I will keep an eye out for you around the Guildford area, get an owners club grille badge fitted and you will be even easier to spot.

Regards

Ian
Old 26th April 2010, 17:38   #8
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Nice to meet you and Allegroboi.
baggie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 17:46   #9
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Hi Jake

It was very nice to have met you and to see your appreciation of the cars. The first meet is always the most difficult when not knowing anyone so the next time you will be an old hand at it knowing at least 30 of us

Take care and enjoy your car

Ken
Thanks Ken,

Was great to meet you too and have a good chat! If all goes to plan I should be able to get involved with the group more and more over the next few months!

I must admit to having been a little anxious prior to turning up on the Saturday, although the moment I met up with Andrew, I was put at ease!

Am without the car for another 2 weeks :-( but after that you won't be able to get me out of it. I do love these cars and once the Jaguar has gone, I'm hoping to find a V6 to rebuild - Whilstever I've a license I hope to have a ZT or 75!

All the best - I hope to see you again!

Jake
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 18:03   #10
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW89 View Post
Thanks Ken,

Was great to meet you too and have a good chat! If all goes to plan I should be able to get involved with the group more and more over the next few months!

I must admit to having been a little anxious prior to turning up on the Saturday, although the moment I met up with Andrew, I was put at ease!

Am without the car for another 2 weeks :-( but after that you won't be able to get me out of it. I do love these cars and once the Jaguar has gone, I'm hoping to find a V6 to rebuild - Whilstever I've a license I hope to have a ZT or 75!

All the best - I hope to see you again!

Jake

Nice to meet you as well Jake, some say the Yorkshire lot are an aquired taste, hope we didn't put you off Yorkies

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote